where are they!

Posted by: Plumbkrazy

where are they! - 01/14/01 09:04 PM

hey has anything been seen on the Cowlitz in catches. I saw one report on 1\13, but nobody else has made any contrabutions for a long time. Thinking of heading down there next sat with my buddy. also what is everybuddy using that works! Tell me your secrets!!!!
Les from Auburn
Posted by: Ono4fish

Re: where are they! - 01/14/01 11:28 PM

Fish the Cowlitz as much as I can but have not heard any good reports lately either.
What about that river in your backyard "The Might Green River"?
><>
Posted by: spoonman

Re: where are they! - 01/15/01 01:20 AM

Had 2 hookups in the last four days on the green. One was 8lb. wild hen and lost the other one very quickly.
Posted by: 'Head hunter

Re: where are they! - 01/15/01 01:55 PM

My partner & I fished the Cowlitz on Friday. We went from I-5 to Olequah, without a strike, where we usually pick up fish. We used plugs, Divers w/ shrimp or eggs, drifted eggs, everything we could think of short of dupont. Nada.
The river is pretty low, and milky. I think what current is coming through the lakes (Reiffe & Mayfield) is picking up silt off the bottoms, & blowing it on through.
And for a river that alegedly has no natives, we've been getting a lot of unmarked fish. So far this year we've kept no fish. Go figure.
Posted by: Cameron

Re: where are they! - 01/15/01 06:51 PM

Yea!! Thanks for fishing C&R so the wild fish count will go up and we can enjoy them again! Thanks to all of you for your efforts, it'll make a difference in the long run.
No such thing as a bad day when fly fishing!