Fishing muddy waters-what works??

Posted by: MacSteely

Fishing muddy waters-what works?? - 01/30/01 12:48 PM

Can anybody give some advice as to what has worked for them when the tributaries become milky?
Posted by: The Chrome

Re: Fishing muddy waters-what works?? - 01/30/01 05:31 PM

If you can use bait, a big gob of eggs has been my best producer. If there is a no bait restriction, then a big red corky and a short leader. Good luck!
Posted by: IronFisherman

Re: Fishing muddy waters-what works?? - 01/30/01 07:56 PM

I was fishing stevens creek this year and it was pretty milky. Know one else was catching a thing. I decided to go big or go home so I put on the biggest corky I could find (a size two orange and chartruse cheater) along with a good amount of chartruse yarn and a good size globe of eggs on a size 1 hook, and a good amount of wait to keep it in the strike zone as long as possible. Sure enough it worked I landed the only fish of the day, a twelve pound steely.
Posted by: kore

Re: Fishing muddy waters-what works?? - 01/30/01 08:38 PM

There was a thread on this topic not so long ago. You might try searching the old topics, using Bob's search command. Quite a few posts on that thread.
Posted by: fishaday

Re: Fishing muddy waters-what works?? - 01/30/01 10:45 PM

The only thing that helps me when the rivers are high and murky is alcohol, then you don't care what color they are . No really I use big sandshrimp lots yarn and a big piece of lead to slow the drift way down, some kinda smelly jelly will help also.
Posted by: IronFisherman

Re: Fishing muddy waters-what works?? - 01/31/01 12:05 AM

Hay fishaday since were not that far from eachother I was just wondering where some good places to fish are around us, fresh or salt water.