Property on the Sol Duc

Posted by: Wonderer

Property on the Sol Duc - 02/07/01 05:02 PM

Hi, brand new user here. I have an opportunity to buy a parcel of land on the Sol Duc river. I have never been a steelhead or salmon fisherman, but it sounds incredible.

From this property, I could easily get into the river in waders and fish in a nearby hole. I see that much of the fishing is done from a boat, but can I expect to do some effective fishing from a property like this?

Also, I need to learn how to catch these things. What is the best way to go about that (hopefully before I commit to buying the property)?
Posted by: FISHNBRAD

Re: Property on the Sol Duc - 02/07/01 05:16 PM

Hi wonderer! I say "buy it and they will come" If not, let me fish there and I'll teach you how to catch these damn things. Or if you change your mind I might be interested in the property. I need a place to shuffle out to when I'm too old to row.
Posted by: Bob

Re: Property on the Sol Duc - 02/07/01 08:37 PM

Wanderer ... it all depends where the property is at. Getting up and down the 'Duc on foot is not a terribly easy game. I live on it myself, but alas, don't have a good fishing spot within several hundred yards, so we just get more of a view than we do fishing. I too would be interested in seeing the property if you end up not buying it ... maybe I'll swap you a free trip to show you how to catch them as a finder's fee for that perfect spot for Fishgal and I!
Posted by: Steelheader69

Re: Property on the Sol Duc - 02/07/01 11:19 PM

Hey, you wouldn't happen to have got that property on Ebay did you? I know someone has/had a bid on it. Hey Bob, looks like a decent spot, but I'd assume it's WAY up river. Where the Duc is more a stream not a river. It's been along time since I've been around there, but looks similar to an old property my exgirlfriend's parents had when I was in high school (it was a great bonus, got along with the parents, had a "fun" girlfriend, and had great fishing.) Always caught trout (probably steelhead smolt) but never anything huge.

------------------
you haven't lived til you've rowed a cataraft. Friends don't let friends run Outcasts.
Posted by: Wonderer

Re: Property on the Sol Duc - 02/08/01 01:22 AM

I don't know how you guessed that, but I am the one who bid on this property on eBay. It is near Beaver, and it seems to be a serious river at that point. My wife and I looked at it this Saturday and liked it. I am just uncertain about the price, the weather, and whether I can get enough fishing enjoyment out of it to make it worth buying and making the trip from Seattle.

I think I will take my son on a fishing charter down the river just to find out how well we catch on.

BTW, I have no dibs on the property. I am still making up my mind. It depends on the fishing!
Posted by: Osprey

Re: Property on the Sol Duc - 02/08/01 03:54 PM

I also check out this property on E-Bay,looks like a nice spot,good luck...Os