Snow Squal Me

Posted by: Anonymous

Snow Squal Me - 02/19/01 07:12 AM

Hey, I want some of that snow to fall down our way too. I love 4X4ing in the drifts. I also like going over the N. Oregon coast range to fish steelhead with snow on the banks because there is less people fishing. ...

So here's a good tip for you guys to fish when the snow's covering most everything and the water is still clear. Paint your waders bright white and get a white parka on over your fishing vest. Duck tape of a few little branches with evergreen needs intact onto your parka. Camo'd out like that you can walk slowly right up to the steelhead and 'dabble' fish a jig or egg cluster right in it's face. Or not. I have never tried this. Just sounded like a good idea. ... Steve
Posted by: plugger

Re: Snow Squal Me - 02/19/01 09:16 AM

Sounds like you should be in a field with a big goose spread around you. If anyone desides to try this, please contact me first I havent had a good laugh in a while.
Posted by: Osprey

Re: Snow Squal Me - 02/19/01 10:37 AM

Hey Rt,Dan and I did the nooch and satsop on friday,...in that bizzard,we did a nice 360 crossing Mudbay on 101.
They got about 8-9" on the upper Nooch,was kinda cool fishing in this stuff.
Could have have used some cleats on my felts,kinda felt like Gene Simmons (Kiss)all in all it was good day,beats working...Os