What river will you pick for springers?

Posted by: J.C.B

What river will you pick for springers? - 02/25/01 12:10 AM

I know its early, but what the hell else we going to talk about. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole dam season was closed. The water being as slim as it is. We can rest assure the Columbia won't run dry. I might try a guide for the big ditch this year. J C B
Posted by: Timber

Re: What river will you pick for springers? - 02/25/01 01:02 AM

You expect someone to tell you what river?!?!?!?!?NOT
TM

------------------
"Just say HELL no to sovereign nation!!!!!"
SRBC Boyz
Posted by: J.C.B

Re: What river will you pick for springers? - 02/25/01 03:50 PM

Now aren't we to the point T.M. Ok I'd like a free-beee. I hear the Green produces a good number. What ya say T.M? You going to knock that? Hows beer bottle beach sound, ever been there?J.C.B
Posted by: cohoangler

Re: What river will you pick for springers? - 02/26/01 03:33 PM

I understand why most folks won't post their favorite river for springers but here are the projected run sizes for rivers in Southwest Washington from the WDFW.

This should provide some options for those anglers looking to pick up some springers this year:

Kalama 1000
NF Lewis 2800
Willamette 61000
Wind 42600
Little White Salmon (Drano Lake) 11000
Big White Salmon 900
Klickitat 1900
Sandy (Oregon) 4000
Cowlitz 1200 (likely to be closed for springers)

It's tempting to focus on the Wind and Little White but those areas are limited access and it'll be a major zoo, paricularly on the Wind. So bring your helmets, it's a combat fishery like no other. My favorite might be the Sandy since it has good access and good numbers of fish. There'll be some crowds but they're
manageable.

------------------
MSB