Deleted Posts

Posted by: Fishin' Story

Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 03:54 PM

Twice I have had my steelhead related posts deleted off this board. If this is an open forum, why is the truth so difficult to swallow?
Bob Story

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 04:03 PM

BTW, the original post was Titled:
Catch, Kill and Release? How 'bout putting it back up for all to read? Would really like to hear the response.
(this was the absolute truth - like it or not.)
Bob
Posted by: salmonbelly

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 05:00 PM

Put it back up Bob and let's hear your reply.
Posted by: Justfishin

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 05:05 PM

Bob this post should be deleted too,I hate reading about these lies about the earlier post from this guy.

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 06:14 PM

Justfishin, it they are lies, let's hear it from Bob. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I'd like to hear his side of it.
Posted by: RichH

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 06:29 PM

I read your earlier post but had to run before I had a chance to respond. I can only speak for my own experience fishing with Bob and it was very positive. I spent two days with him about 2 1/2 weeks ago and all of the fish we caught were treated with the utmost respect and care for their survival. They were only removed from the water to pop out the hook and quick photo and revived, released when they were ready.

I've been steelhead fishing alot of years and have released hundreds of steelhead so I do have a clue as to proper technique and from what I observed, Bob is a man that practices what he preaches. I can't speak for your experience since I was not there but those are my observations.

------------------

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 06:53 PM

Salmonbelly,would you believe Bob would have a picture taken of 4lb steelhead held through the gills? As what fishin'story had said in the earlier post.

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 07:13 PM

Just, I don't know him, but I'm sure he can answer that himself.
Posted by: Jake

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 08:18 PM

I was fishing the same stretch of river yesterday and witnessed what "Fishin Story" claims. Like it or not, it's sad but it's true.
Posted by: drift boat

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 08:45 PM

Let me look at this. All the people that seen it hands down have but one or two post on here. Go figure.

------------------
rip some lips
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 09:02 PM

Some people need to make up lies to justify their own actions!

When there's a guy who stands up for C&R and practices what he preaches people who disagree are gonna try and make him look bad. Thats just the way it is.

When we fianlly do get to a total C&R, some guides are gonna go out of buisness and some arn't.
Posted by: ReiterRat

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 09:48 PM

The post was made early this morning.Fishin'Story stated that Bob killed two fish yesterday on the lower Hoh by playing them for to long and then holding them by the gills for pictures and tossing them back.

I deleted the post (for obvious reasons) and then sent Fishin'Story an e-mail as to who deleted the post and why.

We have all seen a multitude of Bob's pictures of fish being held by the gills.NOT. You all be the judge.

ReiterRat
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 09:56 PM

Yeah,

I was there, too, and witnessed the whole thing. First, Bob was bad, and then Bigfoot showed up and rescued the fish from Bob and the aliens. Yep, seen the whole thing.

'Course I left my Polaroid at home, so you'll just have to take my word for it..........

Fish on.........
Posted by: potter

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 10:01 PM

I too read the orginal post before it was deleted. I had a question. If he was teaching his grandson how to hook-n-release why did his grandson even have a net?(the grandson netted the dead fish) I thought you didn't net fish when you were going to release them? Just wondering.

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 10:09 PM

Just for the record...
My post did not reveal that I witnessed Bob on the Lower Hoh specifically. But since that happens to be where we were, your revelation of this fact gives my original post credibility.
I have no reason to make this up. Bob has a reputation as a successful guide. We all know who he is and his claim that he practices C&R, which is why what I witnessed first hand was a shock.
God save the steelhead...
Bob Story
Posted by: Bob

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/18/01 10:44 PM

Before we send you off into the sunset, I'll clear the air a little.

I never read (nor deleted) your original post, but I have gotten the gist of what it said.

I caught two fish yesterday myself. Both fish were teenagers.

As I remember, it was very early (roughly 7 or so) and no one was around when I caught my first ... if you were the person with the young boy down from us, you arrived around 9 AM. This fish was never photographed, it swam away as I was unhooking it.

Four or five anglers (one youngster) were on the opposite bank about 200 yds. from us when I caught the second (since the one fish landed by this group went back into the woods, it is safe to assume you are pro-wild kill and may be unhappy with efforts for C&R regs?).

Neither fish was held by the gills ... hmm, does the fish (certainly not 4 pounds like your post apparently said) on the reports page look like it's being held by the gills?

Nice try Basically you're full of BS and if you wish to tell lies, you can do it somewhere else.

CYA

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/19/01 12:15 AM

I've been a long time reader of this site but new at posting;but when I read about fishin' story's post it really pissed me off.
Glad you got in here Bob to set it straight,and fish-on.
Posted by: bigb8bigfish

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/19/01 01:38 AM

It's obvious there's too much free time and not enough fishing time. I'm not in defense for Bob, but I realize the freedom of speech (within reason). Why is it there are people trying to take stabs at him (Bob)? Saw this kinda stuff at other forums and think this is chicken #*&!!. Can't we just all get along?

-----do the wild thang-----
Posted by: salmontackler

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/19/01 02:02 AM

Lucky for me I have free time, otherwise this thread would piss me off. Waste of time!!!
Posted by: Osprey

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/19/01 11:07 AM

The Sheriff rides again,along with his Deputy ...The Rat ......Os
Posted by: Timber

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/19/01 11:58 AM

Could this be [Bleeeeep!] master of all!!

[This message has been edited by Timber man (edited 03-19-2001).]
Posted by: duc'Hunter

Re: Deleted Posts - 03/22/01 08:37 PM

Hey fishin'story
I went on a guided trip with Bob about three weeks ago and all Ten of our fish that we caught in very low water conditions were handled very gently and released unharmed. For you to accuse Bob of miss-handling Native Steelhead is pure "B.S." Maybe what you saw is yourself in the mirror miss-handling native steelhead.
duckhunter
P.S. Bob is a damn good guide and takes pride in the way he handles the fish that most of us do care about.