Dollies

Posted by: FishPirate

Dollies - 03/21/01 09:19 PM

Anybody know of a good place (for a boat-less person)to try for Dollies right now?

Either freshwater or marine environments are fine.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by FishPirate (edited 03-21-2001).]
Posted by: Bobber Down

Re: Dollies - 03/22/01 01:40 PM

Fish Pirate:

Try fishing Kayak Pt. Co. Park (saltwater) up in Snohomish Co. on this weekend set of high tides. The rain we had last week should of helped flush the dollies out of the river as they follow out the downstream migration of salmon smolts. As you know it's all mandatory catch & release for cutthroat & dollies now in the salt. Try using small Canadian Wonders (size 0) in chrome with a single split shot for casting from the beach or small cut plug herring. I pinch my barbs since its all catch & release. I've already caught a few during the last set of high tides and this weekend should be hot! Try fishing the tide about an 1-1 1/2 hours before the high and the first hour after high tide. Don't be discouraged if you don't see anything jumping, they are there just cruising along the shoreline like little opportunistic sharks. You only need to cast about 10 - 15 yards out they usually slam your lure right at your feet!

Keep your hooks sharp!

Bobber Down
Posted by: obsessed

Re: Dollies - 03/22/01 05:29 PM

Hey Matt, hows it going? Our char project kind of crapped out for this season, but we're proposing char monitoring for next year. Maybe we'll get together for lunch yet!

I caught a few at Kayak the first weekend of March just goofing off. Pssst, try sinking rapalas as well.
Posted by: Bobber Down

Re: Dollies - 03/22/01 05:40 PM

Obsessed:

Ahhh yes, the old shad rap rapala, that use to be one of my standby's in the 80's & early 90's before I switched to small herring. I still cast out a rapala every now & then for fun. Chrome wee warts use to also be a killer on the dollies too.

Obsessed, E-mail me if you ever want to meet for lunch in Everett.

Keep your hooks sharp!

Bobber Down