Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from ....

Posted by: Anonymous

Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 03:52 AM

..... yup, Washington and Oregon. I have fished all over the NW region. In my times fishing in Alaska and B.C. I have noticed that in general (not you hardcore experts up there) they aren't as good or scientific about their salmon and steelhead fishing up north. I think that's because they have had it so much easier than us down here because of so many more fish and less people. In our neck o' the woods you have to be really on your sheeyat if you want to be in the hunt for fish. There's not as many fish and there's lots of fishermen. When I fished for a month on the Kenai King run up in AK many years ago I noticed that the most successful guides up there weren't the locals (with a few exceptions), they were the guys from Washington and Oregon! .....

As for my call for more Oregon guys to help you Washington fishermen out on this BB ... well, that's only to get a bigger knowledge and humor base on this site to share info and fun with laugh . Bob and I envision Piscatorial Pursuits being a regional site now. So I hope to see many more Oregonians getting in on the fun here.
Posted by: Chuckn'Duck

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 11:29 AM

I'll make you a deal RT. You teach me how them thar Oreogonians catch the big ones and I'll give you rainy day driving lessons. Know anybody who can clue me in on outboards?
Posted by: Jellyhead

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 11:39 AM

RT,

I'd be happy to teach them northerners all they want to know about Bass!!!! When it comes to Salmon and Steelies, well, I guess I could pitch in when I come up with a good tech. The only thing I won't tell them is what color of rabbit fur jigs to use for winter fish :p

BTW, the only reason any Oregonian would need a rainy day driving lesson, Is because they're probably CALIFORNICAN TRANSPLANTS. True Oregonians can drive in that stuff. Now snow, thats the killer. laugh he he

Aaron

[ 04-04-2001: Message edited by: Jellyhead ]
Posted by: superfly

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 11:58 AM

The next thing you know R.T. Is going to want us huskies to come down there and teach the Oregon guys how to play football and WIN !!! ha ha ha ah ha ha ha.
Peace Superfly
Posted by: Hugh Heffner

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 01:16 PM

If the Oregon boys can dish out a butt kickin' in June on the S. Santiam, then us Washingtonians will eat crow. If the Washington boys dish out a butt kickin' down there, then we will know that we have superior fishermen and football team. laugh
Posted by: Osprey

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 01:36 PM

The Floatilla King Cometh.... wink .....Os
Posted by: SteelieSteve

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 03:08 PM

RT ya know somebody has to take hey_yall and teach him the difference between crappie/sqwawfish and steelies and salmon... OS do you need teaching also? As for the Sflys repeated lippen bout his dawgs.seems to me that the U of W spends about a billion dollars more on there sports program than the poor lil ol U of O wink laugh smile :p
Posted by: fishaday

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 03:40 PM

So it begins, the inevitable washington/oregon power struggle smile smile . RT are you trying to divide and conquer???? Is there any REEL way to decide where the cream of the crop among NW fishers reside? How will we settle this........? Maybe we should go by sheer poundage, I'm 6' 2" and weigh 250# eek ,how bout you?
Posted by: finclipped

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 03:55 PM

I won't be down there but my money is on the local boys. I have floated it one time and it was a very enjoyable day.

The Ducks need to learn football from the Huskies? Next thing you know, all those Seattle fisherman will be telling us how to catch Columbia Springers. :p
Posted by: Gizmo Man

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 05:18 PM

Fishaday: RT has you beat. The guy chugs donuts by the box and chases them with malts (beer). he goes 6'7" and 350 more or less (I think a lot less) laugh

I guess his post about needing more orygun guys on the board is so we can teach them something.

I know he is spending more time in Wa fishing then in or. Must be the quality of the streams, people and fish on this side of the big river.... laugh

Remember RT you asked me to get it going....so here I go.... eek

Giz...
Posted by: fishhead5

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 05:55 PM

RT, come on you allready know the answer to this one. You were so glad to ride in a washington boat that you washed it for SF in hopes that you could ride in one again. :p
Posted by: Kevin

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 05:57 PM

I'm willing to learn from who's ever teachin laugh laugh But as for the dawgs spending more than the your little U or O thats because the dawgs MADE a billion dollors more :p :p And if we go with go with wieght ya gotta figure we got Timber on the Washington side because that boy is just plain big. Either that or we can arm wrestle again. eek jk. Kev.

Tight lines

Kevin

SRBC

[ 04-04-2001: Message edited by: Kevin ]

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 06:49 PM

Yeeeehaaaaaaaaaw! This IS gonna be fun. Just remember all the WA vs OR football and fishin spam is ALL IN FUN. There was no degenerating into bs here and that's really cool. Thanks guys, and let's get it on laugh .

Chuck N Duck, I will be puttin on lots of top fishing tech posts on here, and I know how to drive in rain and snow. So will you just teach me how to drive around in Seattle and actually get to where you want to go?!? smile ...

And 'Fly buddy, the Dawgs will have their chance to 'teach' the Beavs how to play fuuutball at Reser Stadium soon enough! ...

Yes Os, you were the Floatilla King that saved the day for us, with a little help from Dan. So 'we aren't worthy, we aren't worthy'. rolleyes Remember the south (Oregon guys) will rise in Floatilla II on the S. Santiam on June 2nd. If you have the nards to show up it will forever be known as "Revenge of the South", muh hahaha. ...

Fishaday, I'm 6'3" and 247, so you've got me be 3 lbs. If Gizmo would just stop throwing donuts my way I could widen that margin downward - I hope. Geez I've had it with this friggin beer belly. It's gotta go! ...

So, lets hear some more about "who's da man" or the state or whatever. smile
Posted by: FISHNBRAD

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 07:26 PM

Well you know, it was only last saturday that the crew and I fished the lower Columbia with a bunch of boats that had OR on the bow, in fact their were a dozen of them bunched up around us when the sun came up. I was a little on edge about this for we were the only Wa boat there, plus I heard banjo music playing in several boats, along with pig noises. There were 20 fish hooked and six were our boat, if you do the math RT you'll have the answer to who rules the water :p

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/04/01 07:35 PM

Hey Brad, it's pretty hard to keep a pig happy and watch your fishing rod tip at the same time, ya know. Those must have been OR's farm country boys, not the heavy hitters. smile jk ... I do know that Os can keep a pig happy and catch fish at the same time - he's a wunderkind! And 'Yall (hey_yall) can play the banjo with his feet and catch fish or play another of his fav instruments at the same time, easy. eek

RT
Posted by: Timber

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/05/01 03:07 AM

6'3"....247!?!?!?!? I still got ya by a pound or two RT....I dont know if I believe that 247!!!seems a little low to me wink

OK we fish then we arm wrassle ..that way I will be giving you Oregonians an edge because I will have fought fish all day and your arms should be nice and rested muh ha ha ha ha ha..Except for the right arm curls with the BEER that you drink..but hey I will be doin that too.

So the way I have it figured you Boys might have a chance!!!!!
Posted by: hawk

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/05/01 09:56 AM

Minnesota - Nuff Said laugh laugh laugh wink wink
Posted by: Coho

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/05/01 11:33 AM

Hawk-I grew up in Minnesota. Fished hard and guided in the Boundary Waters off the Gunflint Trail,eh. Played hockey before learning to walk-Mahtomedi,MN. I moved (mived)here 10 years ago. Why? I love to fish and its a beautiful place ( and I became a wuss from the cold weather). Not to take that away from MN. But we got the BIG UNS (Steelhead and Salmon) and Timber-he big boy. We even have a few good hockey players from Seattle/Portland-and of course Vancouver, BC.

SRBC
Posted by: FASTWATER

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/05/01 05:41 PM

Oh,Oh,Oh, Great topic my favorite was when I was fishing Garibaldi docking at the old mill marina and the local's sunk my boat overnite to try and slow me down!! The marina folk were so pleasant as to get me right back up and running,boy I was hot in more than one way,Washington rules no worrys mate!!!!
Posted by: float'n'blade

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/05/01 07:15 PM

BC is where the talent is at. I always get a chuckle when I see a WA liscence plate at the river. You American boys stick out like sore thumbs with your 9ft rods and coffee grinders, bottom bouncing when all the locals are fishing floats. You cant get a good drift with a 'grinder......must be your bass fishin' roots!

MWL
Posted by: NANOOK

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/05/01 07:34 PM

HEY!

You Washington guys that fish MY Trask River. A fair hook is INSIDE the mouth, NOT anywhere in the head! laugh laugh

[ 04-05-2001: Message edited by: Nanook ]
Posted by: Bob

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/05/01 08:00 PM

Hey what about those of us with mixed blood: 18 years in Oregon, 15 in WA ... plus many hundreds of days of fishing AK and BC mixed in there.

Hybrids take the cake smile

Float 'n Blade ... no coffeee grinders in my household, even Fishgal handles a levelwind with the best people I get in my boat. And I'll put my bottom-bounced conehead up against a float / worm setup any day of the week laugh

[ 04-05-2001: Message edited by: Bob ]
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/05/01 09:26 PM

f'n'b,

Ow! I'll put our own gracious host here up against anything B.C. has to offer up :p

Bob, you cut that out. The Washington crew is claiming you as one of "us" right now, and we won't have you wavering between us, BC, and AK laugh

Hey KidSauk, parker, and JoeFly.......I bet this Canuck would run if he saw the "Wall of Pain" heading his way eek eek

I'm just funnin' with all of you. I've seen some pretty respecable Canucks on the rivers up there, but I've also seen some steelhead spankin' mo'fo's around these parts too. Sure, you'll see some Montgomery-Ward-reel-yellow Wright/McGill-rod-packin' clowns in the mix too, but I'm sure the Floatilla crowd could hold their own against most Canucks and Alaskans out there. After all, there's something fundamentally wrong with ANYBODY who spends all their spare time chasing after finned creatures.

Fish on.........
Posted by: Jellyhead

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/05/01 11:11 PM

THAT DUZ IT!!! Flotin'blade.

You really struck a nerve w/me. Being a BASS guy myself, you Cunadians have got a thing or two to learn from us Sutherners! The only reason you don't like bass guys is cuz those bass know better than to take residence in that country wink

Where do you think youre pink worms come from.....Canada??? I don't think so. They're made here in the good ol' US of A by those southern bass lure proucen', imbreeden folks. I suppose you guys invented the floats too? What was the name of that great Canadian float? a DINK? what kinda name is that for a float? DINK, that's what we Americana folk call our throw-backs, not our tackle. (he, he)

See what we've started here, Not only is it crossing state lines, It getting international!!! Just don't tell me there's any KIWI's here. I got a real keyboard lashin' to give them too smile

Aaron (Metal flake spiny chaser that's boating chinook for now)

Save the drama for your mama and..................FISH!!!
Posted by: willierower

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/07/01 03:42 AM

The floatilla will prove who the best is. Since the S. Santiam is basically my home river now, I should do all the ass whooping. But the South is one of my least favorite rivers to fish.
As for water conditions and fish #,s for the Floatilla. Both should be good. I took a Washintonian out this evening and showed him how to hook
a summer steelhead in less than favorable water conditions.
As for who is the best. Oregonians who are Duck fans are not s good as the guys who Beaver fans. Normal guys love them Beavers laugh.
The Beavs are gonna show the Dawgs and the Ducks whats up this fall.

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/07/01 03:54 AM

The Dawgs will EAT the Beavers this year laugh laugh laugh

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/07/01 06:14 AM

Whoa TM, let's keep it clean at least shocked we don't care what Dawgs doo behind closed doors. So let's talk football. Don't forget that the Dawgs hounds ate crow last year at Autzen. And then then Ducks ate turf at Reser. I kinda think the Dawgs will be served up some leftovers of Reser turf to eat in Corvallis this fall. cool
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/07/01 01:36 PM

Hey TM,

Maybe RT could get UW to schedule the Beavs TWICE next season, since beating them once a year isn't convincing enough. Maybe the 47-21 drubbing they got last time we were at Reser wasn't convincing enough, either.

I may get outfished on the Santiam by some OR locals, but I have faith the the Dawgs will show OSU that Reser Ain't no Autism, er Autzen Stadium.

Fish on.......

Re: Oregon Guys, help these Wash. Guys - the Region's best fishers are from .... - 04/07/01 11:38 PM

RT-Here comes the DAWGS to eat them BEAVERS..TM

And this is where the Beavers will be

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: Timber man ]