Beer, Fishin and Sports

Posted by: Dances

Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/18/01 11:24 PM

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/19/01 01:46 AM

Good interesting piece Doug! And I will now think of where my beer came from. But I am more interested in where it is going laugh . Counter to what it may seem from some of my fishing stories I only have alcoholic beverages about 1 out of 3 fishing trips. The other 2/3 of the time I use heavy drugs ... not. Definitely kidding around. One thing I do when I take some beer out in the boat is start drinking it around mid-morning so as both lunch and a few hours after that my driving won't be affected - really important considering most of us are quite tired after getting up early and 'working' hard to catch fish all day. That's a bad combo for driving anytime! Never mix the two! I like Michelob.

-------------
Know Beer or No Beer

[ 04-18-2001: Message edited by: RT ]
Posted by: rcl187

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/19/01 02:30 AM

I might be wrong about this but isn't it illegal to drink any alcohol while in a gas powered boat. I don't know if anyones ever got busted for a single beer but I always see commercials and adds talking about how the two don't go together.

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/19/01 02:46 AM

Good point, and I think that's correct. That's one of the reason's it's the minority of the time I drink beer while out boating. However, when I'm offered a couple beers while sitting in the front of a motorless driftboat I do oblige occassionally. ... Be careful out there.

RT

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/19/01 11:28 AM

Hey RCL187
who said any thing about it being powered by a gas motor there are other types of power like man power laugh
and there are other type of fisher man like Bankies. smile
Posted by: PiperFLA

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/19/01 03:36 PM

Posted by: rainycity

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/19/01 04:49 PM

Bremalo,
Absolutely hilarious,,
I`ve got a friend who will appreciate these more than you know, even reading them doubled..* laugh *

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/19/01 05:15 PM

Thanks rainycity, glad you enjoyed them

You have a friend huh?

I've heard that the first step in solving your problem is admitting that you have one.
jk laugh
Posted by: local_hooker

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/20/01 09:15 PM

Our lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink,
Thy will be drunk
At home as I am in my tavern.
Give us this day our foamy head
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill against us,
And lead us not into incarceration
But deliver us from hang overs
For thine is the beer,
The bitter and the lager,
Forever and ever,
Barmen

Drink now in peace.

The center of the brewing universe is not in Milwaukie.........It is in my kitchen!!!!

from "goat scrotum porter" to "rasberry hefeweizen" I make it...I drink it....and I love it.

Any brewers on the board????

Another tip about drinking and fishing.. DON'T OWN A BOAT! Go with your buddies, drink all you want.
Posted by: kore

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/21/01 03:04 AM

Nice

Bremalo laugh

Local_Hooker, I brew. My next creation a >7% IPA. smile

I like it, "don't own a boat." Or better yet, "I don't know how to row"

It only works for a while laugh

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/22/01 11:16 PM

hooker,
I just started brewing in september. In fact I'm gonna bottle 5 gallons tonight.

Mike K,
I have two excellent IPA recipes. One is called liberty bay IPA, and the other is called American IPA. both over 7%. I also snow cap clone that is better than the real thing. drop me a line if you'ld like the recipes.

One of the best days fishing I've had was fishing for chums on a really nice day with a cooler of homebrew. fishing was slow but the beer was going fast. I've got to wonder what everyone around us was thinking as we were laughing absolutely hysericaly in our boat three sheet to the wind. laugh
Posted by: kore

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/23/01 12:09 AM

bremalo,

I would love the recipes. My email is listed above this post, or post it as a reply, I am sure there are other homebrewers, that would appreciate the info. I never met a beer I didn't like, except maybe a fruit beer...Yuk smile
Posted by: Timber

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/23/01 01:01 AM

MMMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/23/01 01:05 AM

TRTM
dude that is so funny laugh
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/23/01 01:18 AM

Beer........GOOD
Fish........GOOD
Sports......GOOD

Is there anything else you need to know? laugh
Posted by: Osprey

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/23/01 01:12 PM

A short woman with a Flat head
who can handle a net and a filet knife......and no Redneck it doesn't count if she's related to you!!!! :p .............Os

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/24/01 09:39 AM

Posted by: Hey Yall Watch This

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/24/01 11:38 AM

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/24/01 12:53 PM

Now she can drink my beer anytime!!!! eek eek
Posted by: Osprey

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/24/01 01:11 PM

She looks kinda mean eek ......My kinda Girl rolleyes .......Os

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/24/01 01:17 PM

O's -I thought yours was short with a flat head! :p :p You just might have to stand on a chair with this one eek eek and hold your own beer!!!!

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: The Reel Timber Man ]
Posted by: sam'n'bob

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/24/01 01:26 PM

Starkle starkle little twink
who the hell i are you think
i'm not under the alcaflunce of inkahol
even though some finkle peep i am

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/25/01 03:27 AM

Howabout it O's???Flat head or what?? laugh laugh And I'm not talkin Montana's famous flathead either.. wink wink Will a chair do??? can you hold your own BEER? eek eek

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/25/01 03:18 PM

Ok I am done thanks for puttin up with that laugh

[ 04-25-2001: Message edited by: danceswithfish ]

Re: Beer, Fishin and Sports - 04/26/01 04:47 AM

'Yall, how'd ya come up with a pic of one of my former girlfriends? She's not too bad, but you can see her 'do' leaves a little to be desired and her chin tucks in a bit too far. You sleazebags probably didn't even notice that, eh? laugh I did and I'd rather drink beer. Ya right. rolleyes