Saltwater Cutthroat

Posted by: greensteel

Saltwater Cutthroat - 05/12/01 10:38 PM

Any word if there is good saltwater cutthroat fishing lately in the Tacoma area?
Posted by: Easy Limits

Re: Saltwater Cutthroat - 05/12/01 10:54 PM

Check out the latest issue of Fishing and Hunting News. May 17 - June 7th page 52. Soon to be available at a news stand near you. It has an article on fishing Sea-Runs in Hood Canal and they say it is red hot.

Tight lines!
Posted by: The Real Spoonman

Re: Saltwater Cutthroat - 05/24/01 02:23 PM

Howdy!

There are so manyplaces close to Tacoma for sea-run cutts you could not fish them in a whole summer, but you may want to fish the west side of Vashon Island, the north beach from the mouth of Gig Harbor on up, Green Point opposite Fox Island, or Wollochet Bay. All great spots on the incoming tide. Good Luck!

Bill.
Posted by: skyrise

Re: Saltwater Cutthroat - 05/24/01 09:46 PM

Please RELEASE ALL Sea Run Cutthroat. These are slow growing native stocks. And cannot take too much harvesting. Thanks.
Posted by: salmontackler

Re: Saltwater Cutthroat - 05/24/01 11:02 PM

OK I can't help myself, Catch and Release regulations apply in ALL of Washington's marine areas for Cutthroat trout. That means, single barbless hooks and NO bait! I see guys trolling firecracker herring for sea-runs, technically this is illegal.

I have heard that an 18" Searun can be up to 10 years old, indeed slow growing. Searuns can provide a very entertaining day of stripping various critters with an intermediate line. Goodluck trying to get any hotspots, Searun anglers mouths get tighter than a frog's _ _ _ _ _ .
Posted by: Dances

Re: Saltwater Cutthroat - 05/24/01 11:49 PM

Hey this might help use minnow flys that are any where from an ince to three inches have fun C & R
Dances Out
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Saltwater Cutthroat - 05/24/01 11:52 PM

Hey RT or Bob,

Do you think maybe we could get the Zog upgraded from the 'smolt' status? I think that even with a limited number of posts, he's demonstrated enough knowledge elsewhere that most folks here wouldn't regard him as a 'smolt' wink