"New" TU Chapter formed NW Olympic #145

Posted by: Steeliegreg

"New" TU Chapter formed NW Olympic #145 - 05/13/01 10:19 AM

On May 8th, there was a "new" Trout Unlimited Chapter was formed. The chapter is named the North West Olympic #145 representing the Olympic Penninsulas NW area. You are encouraged to come to the next meeting at the Port Angeles library on June 7th, Tuesday, at 7:30 PM, we need all your input! Discussed at the last meeting:
1. C&R of Wild Steelhead
2. Panel of speakers for the next meeting to represent the Elwha river. Tribes, National Park and WDFW.
3. Education of youth, C&R, etc..
4. Clean up priorities for our area.
Feel free to contact me for more information.
Posted by: Preston Singletary

Re: "New" TU Chapter formed NW Olympic #145 - 05/13/01 07:26 PM

Steeliegreg,
If you're interested in promoting c-and-r for wild steelhead, go to the WDFW's site for proposals for 2002 regulations at [url=www://.gov.wdfw/fish/regs/2002prop.pdf][url=www://.gov.wdfw/fish/regs/2002prop.pdf][url=www://.gov.wdfw/fish/regs/2002prop.pdf]www://.gov.wdfw/fish/regs/2002prop.pdf[/url][/url][/url], you can download a form that allows you to make your own suggestions for revisions to the regulations for the period beginning in 2002. Fish and Wildlife commissioner Pete Van Gytenbeek who is spearheading the drive for c-and-r for steelhead year-round statewide feels this would be a great way to demonstrate the level of support for this important measure.

Re: "New" TU Chapter formed NW Olympic #145 - 05/13/01 11:15 PM

Thanks! I will pass this URL around, great way to feel like we are doing something and getting heard by the people who make the decisions.
Posted by: Bob

Re: "New" TU Chapter formed NW Olympic #145 - 05/14/01 01:25 AM

Glad to hear things worked out in the formation of the group ... now if we can just the state parent group to encourge statewide C&R!

Re: "New" TU Chapter formed NW Olympic #145 - 05/15/01 12:57 PM

Agreed, if we all keep pounding away, we might just get something done! Too special a resource to waste on a plate.
I will make copies of the Reg. Change form and pass them out at the next meeting.
Thanks for your support!