Who uses rubber worms for summerruns?

Posted by: Anonymous

Who uses rubber worms for summerruns? - 06/23/01 12:28 AM

Havent tried rubber worms much for summeruns and was wondering who has and have they done well? I thought about using 4" black on a jig head but havent got around to it, maybe tomorrow.

Fishin out here has been real slow for the steel. Ive fished seven days in a row on the Clawah with two fish on. Ive spotted a few but mostly the same fish everyday. Not much for new fish coming in. The SolDuc hasnt been any better. Fished the Dickey yesterday before I went to the Clawah for some cuttie action and did OK but nothin to write home about.
Posted by: Jigman

Re: Who uses rubber worms for summerruns? - 06/23/01 12:43 AM

They work well on summer fish especially after a good rain or early in the season when the fish are aggressive. A lighter pink version seems to produce better than the bubble gum color. Try them in the faster water where the summer fish like to hang in low water and hang on, the takes are violent at times. I fish them on either an 1/8th or 1/4 oz jighead with a collar which holds the worm on the hook.
Posted by: bronc

Re: Who uses rubber worms for summerruns? - 06/23/01 02:50 AM

I HAVE used the 4" pink worms a little bit an i have hooked 2 fish in fast water where the worm gets lots of wiggle . with a red bead an thread just the head on the hook under the egg loop. i want to try them more now that there is lots of fresh fish in the rivers. eek laugh smile