Sky King Giveaway????????

Posted by: Cascade Bob

Sky King Giveaway???????? - 06/25/01 09:45 PM

[URL=http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/fish/regs/regchng/jun2201b.htm][/URL] The WDFW just hauled 200 hatchery chinook down to Blackmon Lake to be caught by the trout fisherman. These are the fish we lobbied to keep on the Sky!!!!!!! Whats wrong with this picture????? mad mad mad Bob H.
Posted by: bank walker

Re: Sky King Giveaway???????? - 06/25/01 10:10 PM

Holy Smokes... Hate to see the look on a kids face when his 10$ snoopy rod snaps in half. What kind of techniques would you use for transplanted kings in lake water? Sounds to me like they are dumping 200 in and seeing what kind of success people have then putting a whole lot more in later if people are catching fish.

I think its a great move by DFW. Instead of selling them down the road to ALPO, we sportsmen can get a crack at them one way or another. Atleast there doing something with the extras.
So, what kind of techniques would you use for transplanted kings in warmer lake water? Mag warts, hot shots, or Kwikies trolled behind? Jigging?

Always wanted to fish salmon out of a boat, but never had the $ to get a boat suitable for that...My 8' Walker is just the ticket...hehe

So will these fish color up fast or stay bright for a few weeks in the lake?