Fly Tech sealdri breathables

Posted by: Timber

Fly Tech sealdri breathables - 07/11/01 10:08 PM

I bought a pair about 6 months ago and they have started to leak already mad Has anyone else had this problem with theres??I was wondering if they have a warranty or if I'm out 150.00 mad I guess there only good for 30 or 40 days if they are leakin already rolleyes I bought them from Outdoor emporium but they will not exchange them without the receipt..I'm gettin fumed just writing about it...TM
Posted by: dcrzfitter

Re: Fly Tech sealdri breathables - 07/11/01 11:31 PM

Had problems with Hodgmans so I went to fly Tech. they leaked the first day. right in the foot!!!! I just stepped up to the plate and ordered the Gortex Guides waders from Cabelas. I love them. spent an entire week in them in Montana and they were awsome. I never got more than 4 trips with the others before they started to leak just below my knees. buy the Gortex not the wanna be gortex next time. more money but worth every penny!!! I know one thing I won't go back to neo waders!!! laugh

dc
Posted by: salmontackler

Re: Fly Tech sealdri breathables - 07/12/01 03:31 AM

Ha!
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: Fly Tech sealdri breathables - 07/12/01 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by salmontackler:
Ha!

Can you be anymore blunt?!?!?!

laugh laugh laugh

Keith-That made my night!!!!
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: Fly Tech sealdri breathables - 07/12/01 01:13 PM

My first foray into the world of breathable waders was with Hodgman's as well. I bought the Wadelite II's from GI Joe's. They held up pretty good for about a year, then started to leak. I tried to find the leaks by filling them up with water, but I couldn't find any pin holes, like with neoprene's. They held the water without leaking. The thing that I noticed was they seemed to leak more when they were streched snugly around my lower leg from wearing more layers underneath. When they werent snug against my leg, they didn't seem to leak. I think it's kind of like touching the inside of a tent when it's wet outside. The water seeps through the material, when the inner breathable layer is stretched. There is a product called Revivex? at least I think that's what it's called, that is supposed to work on Gore-tex type material to make it waterproof again. I have since bought the Simm's Guideweight waders, and couldn't be more satisfied. They have held up great so far. A little pricey, but I believe the quality/value ratio is right there.
Posted by: B. Gray

Re: Fly Tech sealdri breathables - 07/12/01 01:38 PM

My Fly-Tech's lasted about two years before the feet started leaking. Got mine at Outdoor during a sale and spent about half that.

Damnit, I wish I could spend 40 days fishing in a six month span....
Posted by: Kevin

Re: Fly Tech sealdri breathables - 07/12/01 01:59 PM

Well you know I thought that I had gotten water in mine with the deep crossing we did last weekend rolleyes looks like they are leaking now from the right foot brah. Lasted about a year. Guess this time I'll take Johnny's advise and buy the cabellas :p Give me a call about this weekend got one yesterday same place. Talk to ya later.

Kevin

SRBC
Posted by: Osprey

Re: Fly Tech sealdri breathables - 07/12/01 04:00 PM

I bought the Cabela's Dry plus premiums,they just started leaking.....in the crotch rolleyes ...Hope my "Stuff" don't rust eek....They are going back....Os

Lone Survivor...2000 Idaho Grizzly Artifical Insemination Team rolleyes

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: Osprey ]
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Fly Tech sealdri breathables - 07/12/01 04:54 PM

One word, people:

SIMMS

'nuf said!