Skykomish River Info. needed!

Posted by: Wog

Skykomish River Info. needed! - 08/05/01 03:47 PM

I am going to be visiting family that live near the Skykomish River in a few weeks. I would love to get out and fish for some Summer Steelhead while I'm in the area but I have never fished this river before. If anyone could provide some general info. to steer me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I will be fishing from the bank with Bobber and Jigs.
I am willing to share info. about the streams in my area if interested. Just send me an email. smile
Thanks, Paul
Posted by: outliketrout

Re: Skykomish River Info. needed! - 08/05/01 11:46 PM

If you go to sky valley traders in monroe you can get a map of sultan to monroe for free. This is an excellent stretch of river with several very fishable bank access spots. 15 miles up river are several great spots that the fish stack up in, including reiter ponds. The fish stack up in front of the reiter fish hatchery and can occasionally be pulled from there very involved summer duldrums with long light leaders, small jigs, and occasionally something that they have not seen for a while,

good luck, if youve ever fished the big white id be happy with whatever you have to throw my way. schoee7@aol.com