Any Southworth Reports?

Posted by: umrules

Any Southworth Reports? - 08/21/01 12:06 PM

Does anybody have a Southworth fishing report from the past few days? Fished it Saturday night and got skunked for the first time there this year. Has anybody tried it in the past few days??
Posted by: Seacat

Re: Any Southworth Reports? - 08/21/01 12:38 PM

Went out last night with my dad and boated a 2 kings laugh , 13# buck & 16# hen. Also picked up 1 small coho, 3 pounds. Saw a few other fish caught, but it wasn't as hot as it was last Sunday, that's for sure.

Whole Herring with flasher and solo whole herring were the winners last night. 45-90 feet.
Posted by: PiperFLA

Re: Any Southworth Reports? - 08/21/01 12:43 PM

Seacat,
Not bad for an evenings fishing if you ask me. My wife and I went out to port gamble last night for an hour or so. We got one nice 10lb hatchery silver.

Re: Any Southworth Reports? - 08/21/01 05:20 PM

Yep, it was a good evening. We only fished a couple of hours and went home to clean the fish and watch the Mariners.

10#, that's a good coho. Seems like they are starting to trickle into our area now. And some are good sized!
Posted by: PiperFLA

Re: Any Southworth Reports? - 08/21/01 05:31 PM

They are definitly bigger this year. Lots of fun on light gear.

Send me an email next time you go out to Southworth after work. I may try to make it as well. do you launch at Yukon??

Just a note I changed my moniker. Formerly "The Bremalo". Just had some pickled herring for the first time this weekend and loved it... now I know why the fish like them so much...

Re: Any Southworth Reports? - 08/22/01 09:47 AM

I launch at Manchester. It's about a 10 minute run to the point from there. You can launch with about a 1' tide, and you can retrieve at about a 3-4' tide.

I'm out of the water until next week. frown

Let me know how you do if you get out this weekend. Oh, yea, the guy at the store said someone brought in a 42 pounder last week from the point! smile

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: seacat ]
Posted by: bigb8bigfish

Re: Any Southworth Reports? - 08/22/01 02:02 PM

Well, the 42# was not a myth, but as a report, it has slowed for Kings. Fish caught there are a bit on the charcoal side, but are in great shape. Seen a few silvers. Dolphin has a lot of bait, but primarily an A.M. bite and very brite fish with quite a few blackmouth and large silvers. Brace had died off, three tree does offer alot of bait, but not much of a bite. Tacoma was hot last week about this time. While everyone is at commencement bay, had plenty of room to fish claybanks and did good.

"DO THE WILD THANG"

disclaimer: printed material is all personal fact, but, its not my fault if the fish aren't there any more. laugh
Posted by: Jay T

Re: Any Southworth Reports? - 08/24/01 01:37 AM

Hey BigB8BigFish,
Would yu hapn to service Toyo's and have a partner with an F100? Damn you moochers are good!
Posted by: bigb8bigfish

Re: Any Southworth Reports? - 08/24/01 02:18 PM

Guess I can't catch fish, but I can almost fix cars. May be I can do better in the rivers, or maybe not.

"DO THE WILD THANG"