Broken Loomis

Posted by: JR

Broken Loomis - 09/27/01 10:23 AM

I broke my loomis 1024 in the process of releasing a steelhead yesterday about a foot from the tip.Can I buy half a rod from loomis or would I be better off to have one custom made?
Posted by: chumsalmon

Re: Broken Loomis - 09/27/01 10:53 AM

send the rod back to them, they may just repace it for free, or it won't cost anymore than about $50 for a new tip from them, unless it's a custom made rod. wink
Posted by: PhishPhreak

Re: Broken Loomis - 09/27/01 11:44 AM

Definately send it back.
I broke a cabelas rod tip and my friend broke his St Croix tip and both companies replaced the entire rods with no questions asked. Loomis will probably do the same.
Hopefully you have a back-up! (:
Posted by: Firedog

Re: Broken Loomis - 09/27/01 11:55 AM

Send it back or take it back to Looomis. I have broken quite a few rods over the years and they have been excellent to deal with. Will probably cost you about $50 to replace it like Chumsalmon said. Good luck.
Posted by: cohoangler

Re: Broken Loomis - 09/27/01 02:54 PM

Loomis has a factory store in Woodland, Washington. The store is a few blocks from I-5. Get off at exit 21 and stop at a local gas station, they can give you specific directions. Loomis is real good about replacing broken rods.

I snapped my Lamiglass last week and took it to the Lamiglass factory store (also in Woodland). They replaced it free, on the spot. I was prepared to pay for it but they weren't interested in taking my money. Can't argue with that.
Posted by: eggwhore

Re: Broken Loomis - 09/28/01 10:10 PM

Take the rod to auburn sports. They wil replace the rod on the spot.