Fishing on the O.P.

Posted by: spoonman

Fishing on the O.P. - 10/10/01 12:17 PM

Going over this weekend to fish just curious about what rivers would be worth trying. Just general info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Fishing on the O.P. - 10/10/01 01:01 PM

That all depends on how much rain they get! I'd recommend the hoh if it's in shape, then a close second would be the sol duc and if they get a lot of water I'd head up to the hatchery and fish the long pool below it, last year we had a hayday there fishing bobbers when the water had come up, there were about 500 fish in that hole when we fished it about this time of year. eek
Keith
Posted by: StorminN

Re: Fishing on the O.P. - 10/10/01 01:03 PM

If we get the rain we're supposed to, the west end rivers like the Sol Duc could be excellent, and the Elwha, if they let more water through the dam, could be good too.

-N.
Posted by: Doug Kelly

Re: Fishing on the O.P. - 10/10/01 04:17 PM

spoonman, when are you going over?i'm leaving friday night staying with a friend that lives on the sol duc, if interested can give him a call to see whats been happining? wife and kids are coming over saturday to go mushroom picking, but would much rather be on the river been many years since i've been over there,
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Fishing on the O.P. - 10/10/01 09:04 PM

Not may fish have made it through the gontlet yet on the Quileute. Many have tried but they have failed. It wont be worth fishing till the rivers have blown out. The only chance would be the Hatchery hole on the Sol Duc. There are alot of old ones in there now and a few new ones every day. Other spots on the Duc could be hit or miss depending if you hit a small pod of escapeies. I havent heard or seen anything good about the Bogie or Clawah.