Fishing With sled below Satsop (Beware)

Posted by: Bathtub Bob

Fishing With sled below Satsop (Beware) - 10/18/01 07:23 PM

Fished almost everyday sometimes 4 or 5 sleds are hitting some real hard. Beware of greenbank area shallow!!! salman hole and pumphouse areas. The tide this weekend is high at daylight but the 27th it will be low tide. If you dont know the river and your in a larger sled put in at monte ramp and come up . Bathtub bob
Posted by: Paranoid

Re: Fishing With sled below Satsop (Beware) - 10/19/01 02:23 AM

You can get tom the pumphouse from up above but no later than half tide. After that you better wait. My buddy and I have been running this for years. Never hit real hard till a couple of days ago. It is deceiving, even if you know the slots. Came out to Monte from the top today. I was in awestruck. Low tide...not even a minus and the riverbed looked like a warzone. I could not believe I have been running up and down this river as much as have and never hit hard. There are some very solid stumps, pilings, and even rock piles the size of a VW lurking just below the surface. Boaters beware.
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Fishing With sled below Satsop (Beware) - 10/19/01 09:43 AM

Robert C Young and others:

Boat launch at Montesano can be bad for those with larger boats, at low water.

Can't believe the numbers of people that have "fill thier jet pumps" with Chehalis gavel this year. Even saw and heard one of the local guides hit a "under water stump" yesterday.

Repair shops just love a major river that has the ch***es the Chehalis has the past few years.

"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"