Snoqualmie and Green River Chums?

Posted by: Jonduke

Snoqualmie and Green River Chums? - 10/20/01 06:22 PM

I noticed that both of these rivers are open for fall chummin, has anybody ever fished them? I've caught Coho on both rivers but never chums- I might try to go up there in a couple weeks. Anyway, I'd love to get any info. Thanks-
Jon
Posted by: Doubletake

Re: Snoqualmie and Green River Chums? - 10/21/01 09:54 PM

Jonduke, I have fished for chums on the Snoq. mostly in the Carnation area, of the two areas I usually fish one has filled in and is now only 2 feet deep where it was 8' last year. The other is Sadler's bar just above the Carnation Farms bridge. Good luck

Doubletake
Posted by: Stevenbhow

Re: Snoqualmie and Green River Chums? - 10/21/01 09:58 PM

I fished flaming Geyser park on the Green a couple of years ago for Chums in early Nov. and landed 15 pounder on my fly rod. It was one of the best fish I have ever caught. they get a little narly looking by the time they get up that far, but they still fight good.
Posted by: Jigman

Re: Snoqualmie and Green River Chums? - 10/21/01 11:43 PM

The Green gets loaded with Chums, good areas include Flaming Geyser park, Metzlar park, the Soos creek area and the stretch of river below the 8th street bridge. You can expect to have 15-20 fish days if you hit it right and your gear holds up!
Posted by: bigb8bigfish

Re: Snoqualmie and Green River Chums? - 10/22/01 03:15 AM

Well Jonduke, you should try to hit up the Sky being this will be the off year for Chummlies. Always seem to do good every year and noticed the Sno had seen hard times with them, so not to traumatize the fish, I laid off the Sno and been on the Sky for them. Plus there are alot more slots to fish for them.

"DO THE WILD THANG"

P.S. you can always do the "gang bang" thing at Hoodsport. :p