Huge hatchery silver!

Posted by: Anonymous

Huge hatchery silver! - 10/21/01 11:40 PM

I caught a huge hatchery silver on Friday out my way. I want to post a pic here but the Visitors pic upload dosent show up. Does anybody know how I can get it on here? I have it on a floppy.

This fish is somthing you have to see, it was 36.5 inches long and 21.5 inches around. I weighed it on three scales two showed 23# and the third showed 19# the measurements bring it out to be about 22#. By looking at the Pic you can ealily see it is over 20#, Infact I dont think I have ever seen a bigger silver.

I weiged it 11 hours after I caught it and it still came out to be 23#.

If I could Email it to sombody could they post it here for me?

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 12:09 AM

Check your Email it will be there in a second
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 12:12 AM

Good job Rich, sounds like a fish of a lifetime!! What did you fool this hog with? tAKe care, Ron

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 12:14 AM

A custom #4 vibrax with a pink piece if soft plastic on the hook
Posted by: Bob

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 12:33 AM

Hey Rich and everyone else too smile

The upload form apparently has been messed up somehow, but I worked on it some and it should be working ... upload away everyone smile If you get an ERROR message ... the file size is the WRONG type or TOO BIG (reduce it!).

PS - Nice fishey, thanks for bringing it by the house!

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 12:34 AM

Rich Hoorah For You! The pig of a lifetime! Did it give you the fight to go along with it's size?

Cove RV Park & Tackle Prostaff(1)
Always FishOn!
Gooose eek laugh

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 12:40 AM

Thanks Auntym,

About the fight,,,,,,well, I caught a 5# wild buck the same day that put up five times the fight. This fish gave me two 20 yard runs then it swam right to the boat and waited to be netted. Those hatchery fish grow big but fight like dogfish.
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 01:47 AM

Rich-
Congrats on the Toady Coho!!

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: RPetzold ]
Posted by: plug puller

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 01:48 AM

damn Rich beautiful fish. That is the pig of a life time. congrats.
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 03:02 AM

Wow Rich, you don't see many of them! Are ya putting it on the wall or what? I'd mount that one!
Keith

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 03:05 AM

Wow! Dam nass feesh Rich! I hope to get one close to that big on the 'Sop next Saturday in the F III. I'd be thrilled with one even 2.5 lbs. lighter. wink

RT

Edit: Hey Keith, we were typing a post at the same time. I would add that at your age you would mount most anything! eek wink

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: RT 1 ]
Posted by: bigb8bigfish

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 03:43 AM

Say RICH G, that is one beautiful slab and wished I could have my hands at playing one like that. Pulled one up a couple of pounds smaller than that on the Green a couple of days ago, but not with a rod. Was cleaning some fish on the bank when I noticed something white a few yards below and went to investigate. As I got closer, it got bigger and bigger,got my pliers and pulled it to shore and thought it was a large steelie, but a brite huge silver. Just too bad what a waste that it couldn't go up to spawn or at least make somebodys day. You're pretty close to the record and keep this up you might get it.

"DO THE WILD THANG"
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 02:43 PM

Took me a second to get what you were saying RT, haha. Mounting fish and females, OK, but not the sheep and goats and cows you'd refer to down in your neck of the woods. laugh
Keith

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 07:37 PM

Hey, you knockin our sheep and goats man? Don't be knockin em until you try em - as I'm sure you will when you see em. laugh Because they are better looking than your women in WA (just kidding ladies - for sure). Just ask Os and 'Yall. And check the rims of their boots for cotton. wink

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 09:03 PM

Hey Aunty, I said I was kidding for sure, about WA ladies. But you know that, and are trying to make me feel bad. wink WA ladies are great - and also much better fishers than WA men! smile

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/22/01 09:57 PM

No mount on this one but If I change my mind later I have Pics and measurements.
Posted by: banki

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/23/01 02:40 AM

Damn Rich G thats one hell of a fish. I would definately consider getting that fishy mounted. Wish i was back home and able to fish this years salmon run, instead im down here in phoenix learning in the heat frown

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/23/01 04:17 AM

Its too late for the mount on that one. Those guys are not in short suply this year Ive heard of a few others. I talked to a guy at the takeout the day I caught that one and two days before he got a 24.75# on a near by river. He was smarter than I, as his is was at the grocery store in the deep freeze and headed for the taxidermist.
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/23/01 04:40 AM

...and the Satsop Monsters havent arrived yet. I wouldnt be surprised if by the end of November the state record coho is broken numerous times.

Could it be possible that a world record would be caught???
Posted by: Bob D

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/23/01 09:09 AM

The possibilities are endless.
Posted by: fishaday

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/23/01 04:51 PM

Dang Rich nice fish ,hope to get one like that myself soon. It's been a while since you and I BS'd on the board , we'll still have to hook up one of these days. Was it a boy or girl? Good memory huh....

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/23/01 05:08 PM

It was a girl. shes almost 9 months old now.
Posted by: TH

Re: Huge hatchery silver! - 10/23/01 05:42 PM

Nice fish Rich... It's good to see TH Custom Rod clients w/ big fish... size matters.

TH
www.thcustomrods.com