Warts

Posted by: Doubletake

Warts - 11/04/01 03:39 PM

Did anyone or everyone, know that Wiggle Wart colors were all changing to bass colors? Went to Sportees in Redmond and was shown the catalog of new colors, didn't see any I recognized, does this mean that all the steelhead and salmon warts are not being made any more? Thanks for the input.

Doubletake
Posted by: silver hilton

Re: Warts - 11/05/01 12:05 AM

Apparently Rapala has bought Storm and is changing the model line. I figure that they will screw with it for a year or two, and then figure out the steelhead was a valuable niche for them, and bring the color back. I am buying everyone in the good colors that I can lay my hands on, figuring that it will be a few years before I see them again.
Posted by: Bobber Down Brad

Re: Warts - 11/05/01 12:09 AM

Heard the same report about storm being sold. also heard that metalic,salmon and steelhead colors may be discontinued. Stock on your favorite colors while you can.
Posted by: tilla

Re: Warts - 11/05/01 02:58 PM

I bought some all white Wigglewarts and painted them with Fishermun's Florescent Pink. It was the only plug that produced Sat on the boat. Then I went and picked up more, guess I'll have to make my own color/patterns for now. rolleyes
Posted by: finclipped

Re: Warts - 11/05/01 03:32 PM

I bought a few at Joe's today and the guy behind the counter told me that Wiggle Warts are going to be sold to some small manufacturer. I think it was called Brad's. He said we should be able to continue to buy the best colors when the new manufacturer takes over. I noticed today that the bills were clear on the new Wiggle Warts and yes, more bass colors.
Posted by: AllThumz

Re: Warts - 11/05/01 09:16 PM

I've wondered if companies like Storm and Heddon farm out some of their painting to third parties, selling particular colors in certain areas. I've never seen the solid metallic and fluorescent colors in any of their catalogs; "cop car" schemes are available from both companies, yet not listed (although a "Panda" is now available for the Tadpolly), and Mag Warts are not shown at all, but a new Mid Wart is.

I wonder if "Brad's" is the wobbler folks.

Tadpollies

Storm Lures

John

Re: Warts - 11/05/01 09:41 PM

I have been told by a few different store managers that the steelhead/salmon colors are being discontinued. I hope that is an incorrect statement. Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Doubletake
Posted by: HntnFsh

Re: Warts - 11/05/01 10:38 PM

Brad Schoenborn bought the wiggle wart line.He also has the alvins,and B.S.Fishtales,tackle.He's the buyer for the fishing Dept at Bobs surplus in longview.Next time I see him or my fishing partner sees him we will find out what his plans are for the wiggle warts and let you know.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Warts - 11/06/01 10:03 PM

At first I didn't believe the rumors about this. But it has been persistent and seemingly credible. So recently when I was at GI Joes they had them on sale for $3.88 so I bought 50 of them in various productive colors, and several in mostly chrome to custom paint on. Better safe than sorry, eh?

RT
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Warts - 11/06/01 10:18 PM

Talked to Brad a week ago and yes he did buy the rights to make "Warts". They had just finished testing and the action on them is said to be identical to Storm's. They will be on sale at the Sportmans show in Feb. He's calling them Brad's Wigglers and also Allsports has ordered them for distribution to local NW stores. So all you have to do is make it till February and we will be able to get these again.
Posted by: willierower

Re: Warts - 11/06/01 11:38 PM

Some of the tackle suppliers still have the old wiggle warts in stock. We just ordered some chrome/blue herring bone. If you are looking for warts talk to someone at a sporting goods store that does the ordering.

Re: Warts - 11/07/01 12:03 AM

You may still be able to pick some up at Sportco in Fife. I ordered some HB and they still had some left. Good luck all

Doubletake
Posted by: superfly

Re: Warts - 11/07/01 12:44 AM

Like any thing that is sold buy the original longtime manufacturer and the new guy changes something or it is made at a different place. The new version always seems to suck , so I would not put much stock into the new ones until they prove as productive as the old.
Peace Superfly