Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is

Posted by: Anonymous

Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 08:33 AM

Keith's fish pic threads are great to look at. I hope more will put up their fish pics
in them. That has given me the idea for us to share some nice outdoor scenic pictures
to enjoy - and even use as rotating computer screen 'wallpaper'. If you right click
on a posted pic the menu has a wallpaper option that should put it enlarged on your
desktop screen.

Also, it would be cool if people can guess where our pics are from. You can come back later
and post or edit in where they were taken.

NW Oreos, where is this:
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=47019900&Sequence=1[/img]

NW Wassies, where is this:
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=52034518&Sequence=2[/img]

B.C.ers, where was this 'call of the north' from:
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=56083110&Sequence=1[/img]

This one is too hard to guess. The UW president called in the National Guard
to rescue Rick Neuheisel from Reser Stadium. laugh
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=53148766&Sequence=1[/img]

btw, no disrespect; Oreos and Wassies are easier to type than Oregonians and Washingtonians!

RT

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]
Posted by: fishinutt

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 09:06 AM

how do you upload pictures?
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 01:21 PM

No clue on the top pic RT, but I beleive the middle one is from HWY 12 overlooking the satsop?? confused Could be wrong though.
Keith
Posted by: JacobF

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 01:32 PM

This river should be fairly easy to identify

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 08:14 PM

Aunty, I'd guess your pic is a sub cruising Puget Sound near Bremerton, with the clouds
covering the mountains in the background. Or is it the Arabian Sea? laugh

Keith, think about what the 'Sop looks like from Hwy 12? I will say you are warm.
The top one is in NW Oregon.

Jacob, that looks like the Kalama. But the Kalama looks like a lot of other rivers.
So I will guess the ... Kalama. smile The boulders at the upper end do look
pretty definitive, so those who fish that hole should know, eh?

Hey CP, you ought to get the B.C. river - if you see this thread.

RT

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]
Posted by: NANOOK

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 08:21 PM

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Nanook ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 08:22 PM

Not a tough one to guess. Sunset on my boat.

Posted by: sinker

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 08:36 PM

Aunty M,
I'm guessin Hood Canal, since thats where home is to them.
Not really a panoramic shot but the colors were sure neat that day, it's on the dike next to the river.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 08:44 PM

Nanook, that's not a tough one, so they should have to tell where on that river you
are at; and what you are fishing for. For a hint, that big rock over on the right side is
Beacon Rock - and Rick was not fishing for the squawfish bounty. wink

Sinker, I was going to take a wild guess based on where Graham is.
But I couldn't find it on the Atlas map of Washington. Where is Graham?

Posted by: PEEPS

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 08:53 PM

Great! This gives me an excuse to post this sunrise picture that turned out nice.

Hint: A busy place during the summer steelhead and early coho runs up this river.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 09:03 PM

Beautiful pic Peeps. I'd guess that's the Columbia, or a wide area of the Cowlitz.

Here's a pic I took of the Montana river where a famous fishing movie was about,
even though it was filmed on the Gallatin River.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=56287056&Sequence=1[/img]

If you guess it correctly Keith will give you a year's supply of his new Ultimate Egg Cure
(conditional upon you being able to talk Keith out of a year's supply of egg cure laugh )

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 09:58 PM

Sinker, I'm going to guess the Carbon River and I could probably tell you the stretch of river where the photo was taken.

RT i Graham is right next to Cracker, Washington. laugh

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 10:01 PM

Cracker, Washington? That doesn't narrow it down enough.
Posted by: JacobF

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/11/01 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RT i:
Jacob, that looks like the Kalama. But the Kalama looks like a lot of other rivers.
So I will guess the ... Kalama. smile The boulders at the upper end do look
pretty definitive, so those who fish that hole should know, eh?

Hey CP, you ought to get the B.C. river - if you see this thread.

RT

Nope, it's actually the Snoqualmie, 'bout half a mile downstream from the falls.
Posted by: PEEPS

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 12:03 AM

My hint was kinda misleading. It was taken at the mouth of the NF Lewis looking southeast.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 12:43 AM

Please pardon my exhuberance for Montana scenery; and trophy trout fishing too.
I've spent a lot of time taking pics and fishing in my native state, but since it's
not the Pac NW I won't leave it as guesswork where these pics were taken. They are all
around Glacier National Park; one of my favorite places on Earth (along with NW B.C.).

This is McDonald Creek (actually a river trib of the big NF Flathead River),
approaching the famous 'Garden Wall'
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=56292162&Sequence=1[/img]

Here it is viewed from up near Logan Pass. It gets one of the biggest runs of
landlocked sockeye salmon in the world.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=56289188&Sequence=1[/img]

Lots of grizzly bears there. I got lucky with about a half dozen pics of this one,
including one right by my car as it passed close by. Other bear pics too. This was over
the Divide on the east side of the GNP, where it's less dense forests make it easier
to spot all kinds of wildlife.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=56292161&Sequence=1[/img]

This was after going around the Canadian north part of the park and coming down the great
NF Flathead River. It has bulltrout (dolly varden) commonly over 10 lbs.,
and excellant dry fly fishing for native cutts.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=56292838&Sequence=14[/img]

RT
Posted by: RKB

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 01:37 AM

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: RKB ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 01:56 AM

Great panarama RKB. Is it the Missouri River in Montana, east of the Divide and downstream
of the 'Great Falls'?

A short range 'panaroma', with underside of prawn tail on the middle rig's stinger hook
(easy to guess which river?)
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=10739464&p=56296451&Sequence=0[/img]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 01:58 AM

RT
Your a few miles off its in Washington.It has one of the last great runs of kings in the lower 48.Maybe my homeport will give it away.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 02:04 AM

Hmmm. Must be the Columbia R. in eastern Washington? (the Snake in eastern Washington
has 4 dams on it, so should be more reservoir like?)

Edit: Hey I got it before the hint RB. wink Except for the Hanford reach part?
Really nice pic and quality.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 02:13 AM

RT,
I'll try again on the picture I had guessed on earlier. I'd say the nooch'! What did I win? I'll have to dig through some pics and see what I can come up with.

There are sure some pretty pics on this thread. But better get to bed soon as parker is coming down to do a little Lewis River salmon fishing. We should have some pics of -well hopefully some bright fish!?
Keith :p

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 02:14 AM

RT
Its a stock photo from the company that I work for.All that I can say is its A lot nicer in person you will have to come over this next year and do A little fishing.Maybe we could get you a day pass to the site.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 02:25 AM

RT
You wanted a closer shot of some fishy water hope this is not to close.RKB

This is a photo of the rearing ponds where I work. Our fisheries group studies the efects of the dams and other enviromental impacts on the fish.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 02:32 AM

I already have glow-in-the-dark plugs RK. Thanks, but I don't want my skin to glow in the dark
too. eek That's for the plant. Fishing out in the river would be OK. smile
btw, DON'T post where that school of fish are! Just e-mail me where they are. laugh
Just kidding. We really appreciate the work you guys are doing! Thanks.

Keith, you won another guess. wink You got just slighty colder with the 'Nooch guess.
Let me know how you guys did on the NF tomorrow.

And if the F III doesn't come off next Sat. the 17th (our team can't make it then either), what
do you think about F III (or IV) on the NF Lewis for winter steelhead in mid-Dec. or so?

Steve

Posted by: ramstrong

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 12:24 PM

RT's first Oregon pic is the Clacker being overlooked by the rd from OC to Carver.
Posted by: birdhunter

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 02:50 PM

RT, any guesses where this is?

For the rest of you...shield your eyes. I'm very very sorry.

Posted by: kore

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 03:07 PM

RKB,

That one scenic picture is of the white bluffs below vernita. The last "free flowing" stretch of the columbia. The hole at the end of the island (downstream)is called "punch bowl" due to its swirly nature...I'll stop there.

Mike K

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: KORE ]
Posted by: beek

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 05:42 PM

Two of BC's finest....

Both Rivers are in the Southern BC

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: beek ]

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: beek ]
Posted by: Bob

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 06:57 PM

Beek ... the first one loks like the Thompson about 15 miles south of Cache Creek. Not sure if the trib is the Adams (haven't fished either, but I think I've past driven past the confluence a bunch of times) ... but whatever river the trib is, it always seems to be puking badly in the spring!

Hey Birdhunter, is that the Grand Canyon or Hell's Canyon?? I can't decide which wink
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 06:59 PM

Here are my guesses:

RT:

1) McKenzie river
2) Queets river
3) Kitimat river

AuntyM - Hood canal near Bangor

Beek:

1) Thompson river
2) lower Vedder river

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: 4Salt ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 09:01 PM

Ramstrong gets the Clackamas overlook pic - except it's above Carver heading up to McKiver.
It does look similar to the McKenzie though 4salt. And you got the Kitimat right.
But the Wassie pic isn't the Queets, it's from Hwy. 12 between Aberdeen and I-5 somewhere.
You 'Sop and 'Nooch regulars should get that one (everyone knows about that river - definitely
not a zipper).

As for that "Hell's Canyon" shot (lol Bob), gee I have no idea. Thanks fishbait. And Ben.
Now beware the long range zoom lens down at Corvallis my friend laugh .
Actually there is an explaination. This was at the ifish headquarters party in early Sept.,
and the line at the bathroom was just too long
to wait any longer. eek wink

btw Bob, I think you got the Thompson/Adams pic correct. Nice pics BK! The only other thing I can
think of is it could be late in the summer with the Frazer low and the Thompson running clear as
it enters the Frazier - but it just doesn't look big enough; so I think you get BK's GL3
for the right answer? wink

Steve

Posted by: beek

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 09:33 PM

You guys are sharp....

The first pic is the mouth of the Thompson as it dumps into the Fraser, taken from the ridge in Lyton this year.The Fraser always runs dirty due to the high levels of silt.

The second pic is the Squamish river, taken last week.
Posted by: Firedog

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 09:56 PM

Hey RT that first pic looks like it is awful close to being taken close to viewpoint restaurant. I know it is in that general area. Been up there once or twice wink

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 10:21 PM

Guess I was pretty close ... the view looked very much like what I imagined from the other side of the Thompson where the road to AK runs. Pic makes ya appreciate how bug the Frasier is by making the Thimpson look small smile

I'm gonna go dig out a few pix tonight!

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/12/01 11:11 PM

Got it RT, the second pic is the chehalis!! Now what did I win??
Keith laugh

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 12:59 AM

Okay here's six of them for you ... a few easy, a few a little more obscure. The first person who gets them all right w/o any more help than the hints I'll give ... we'll send you a dozen of Fishgal's Super Spinners!!

Pic one, HINT: crabs, crabs, and more crabs!

Pic two, HINT: springers!

Pic three, HINT: big body of water is easy, but give me specifics ... where did I fish and what's behind me??

Pic four, HINT: short river, hold on tight!

Pic five, HINT: an easy one before the toughy!

Pic six, HINT: not a fishing trip, but rather some protein in hunting camp. Lindsey Wagner (Bionic Woman eek eek ) has a ranch on the river.

Good luck!!
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 01:49 AM

I know where a couple of them are but I dont want to give them away because I dont have a clue on a couple of the others.

All that I gotta ask though is "Bob???...A Reiter Rat???" eek laugh I guess there is hope for you know who. wink

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: RPetzold ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 02:05 AM

Tough contest Bob. Makes it fun. Anyone getting all 6 has earned the spinners!
I'd say anyone from Oregon getting all 6 should get a free guided trip on the Kasilof?
( wink worth a try, eh?)

1 - Turnagain Arm of upper Cook Inlet, AK
2 - Sol Duc R.(springers and rocky rapids)
3 - Lower Skagit R. with the town of Mt. Vernon in the background (nice pants)
4 - Upper Calawah R.
5 - Reiter on the Sky
6 - If you don't know where Lindsey Wagner has a ranch, good luck. Sooo, I guess the ...
Twisp R./Cr. south of Winthrop, WA

shocked EDIT: Smarter to have waited rolleyes . If it turns out to be, how could I miss T-Bay and what could
be the Willamette (upriver from Kelly Pt.?) ?! shocked

The hunting and fishing combo made me think of another interesting pic thread Bob
(if it doesn't overload your server space - let us know). I will put up a thread for personal
pics of wildlife taken while out fishing or hunting. Should be some great animals
and scenery.

Keith, yes it's the upper Chehallis R. off Hwy. 12 as you're heading west toward the Satsop.
You win a bottle of Ultimate Egg Cure. smile

I'm suprised no one answered about the famous Montana river pic the movie was about.
It's Montana's great Blackfoot River, just a short distance northeast of my native Missoula.
It's known for Missoula's Norman McKlean book and movie, "A River Runs Thru It".

RT

Edit: Firedog, you're right - that's where I took that Clackamas R. overview pic.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 10:17 AM

Well, I'll try it out a few times...

1.Tillamook Bay, only because the boat in the background is the same as the boat in the third pic with oregon tabs.
2.Kalama river canyon
3.Willamette, somewhere
4.Lyre (it's the short one)
5.Reiter
6.Yakima river confused

Well, did I get any right??
Keith

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: stlhdr1 ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 01:57 PM

Bob,

My attempt at guessing your photo's:

1 - Tillamook bay
2 - Sol Duc river (Hatchery to Maxfield?)
3 - Columbia river (fished mouth of the Lewis, St. Helens OR in background?)
4 - Calawah river (Hell's half mile)
5 - Reiter (down near the tailout)
6 - Blackfoot river (Montana)

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: 4Salt ]
Posted by: Son of an Okie

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 01:57 PM

There's no place like home...

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Son of an Okie ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 02:08 PM

Keith,

I know, but would be cheatin. You need to post the
obscene catch pictures that go with this one. laugh
Posted by: $$B-MONEY$$

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 02:48 PM

Bob
1-?
2-kalama
3-mouth lewis
4-lyre
5-reiter
6-?
Son of an okie.......trinidad

how'd I do? laugh laugh laugh

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 03:26 PM

That is the Carbon in my pic.

RT, Graham is a little south of Puyallup. Those Montana pics look awesome, makes me wonder what I'm doing here. smile
Posted by: jtl85

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/13/01 06:31 PM

Well Bob, I dont know about the rest, but pic 2 is definatly the Kalama River Canyon just downstream from Italian Creek. laugh
Posted by: Migrating_Smolt

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/14/01 03:56 AM

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/14/01 06:17 AM

I'm guessing the close to home river is the Deschutes. As far as that slow spot, it looks like a spot I've been to a long time ago off of Johnson Creek Rd.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/14/01 10:08 PM

Here is a little favorite smile

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: KORE ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/15/01 12:48 AM

Okay ... between all the guesses, 1-5 have been answered correctly. Now, we just have to work on #6. I'll leave it up 'til tomorrow night, then start adding clues at the price of minus one Super Spinner for each one I give smile Better get to work!
Posted by: StorminN

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/15/01 12:57 AM

O.K., this one isn't hard to guess where...

Seacrest Pier, Summer 1999

-N.
Posted by: StorminN

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/15/01 01:31 AM

Bob, no idea where #6 is, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say south/central Washington, like the upper Wind river... am I getting warm?

-N.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/15/01 01:32 AM

My guesses...

1)Tillamook Bay
2)Kalama River
3)Mouth of the Lewis
4)SF Calawah
5)Reiter on the Sky
6)Klickitat River

smile

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/15/01 06:49 AM

Bob, since we all know 1-5 have been answered collectively correct, and we've all seen each
others answers, but you still haven't revealed which ones are correct, I assume we can now re-do
our guesses along with re-guessing the mysterious number 6. Otherwise it would be an advantage for
new entrants, as it was for the latest entrants. Make any sense? wink Let us know if otherwise.

Latest guesses:

1 - Tillamook Bay.
2 - Kalama River.
3 - Columbia River, fished near the mouth of the Lewis, and the boat you used is behind you.
[technically correct ~ "Pic three, HINT: big body of water is easy, but give me specifics ...
where did I fish and what's behind me??" ~ not that it's needed, but behind you and the boat is
the Columbia and the opposite shoreline not far from the Port of Kalama. I know; also technically an*l laugh ]
4 - Upper Calawah
5 - Reiter on the Sky'.
6 - Cle Elum (pic taken by Lindsey Wagner - jk).

RT

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/15/01 02:54 PM

New attempt at #6:

Big White Salmon river, WA

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: 4Salt ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/15/01 06:01 PM

Could #6 be the Tieton River? Thats my best guess

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/16/01 03:23 AM

I think we are going to need those clues. And guesses. confused

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/16/01 11:04 AM

My guess is that 6 is either the tucannon, or touchet river. smile

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/16/01 09:22 PM

Bob,
my guess is that #6 of your pic's is in Babb Montana... But I dont know the river in that area that you fished..
Keith

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: stlhdr1 ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/16/01 11:31 PM

Okay ... another hint ... most of you can figure it was taken east of the Cascades, but it's Oregon and not Washington. Next hint soon, we're down to 10 spinners now smile

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/16/01 11:39 PM

Is #6 the Grand Ronde? confused

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/16/01 11:41 PM

Bob,
it sure isn't that big of a river, as the picture looks it seems more like a creek.
Keith

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/17/01 01:18 AM

Bob, those draws and trees behind you on that creek in #6 look like the terrain we used to hunt with Dad. But that was in the northern Blues in non-ranching sections up near Tollgate. I figure Ms. Wagner would want to be close to a municpal airport - likely in Pendleton. And a website search reveals she can see Mt. Hood from near her ranch (guess I'm into these mystery solving contests, eh?). So I'm going to guess it's the N.F. John Day, or the tributary of it right there called Camas Cr.

Steve

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/17/01 01:26 AM

Hmmmm ... You can see Hood? Next half-tip ... gonna be hard to see Hood from here. Perhaps she sold the land in this valley and bought elsewhere now. Go east!

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/17/01 01:30 AM

My guesses (Part II)...
1)Tillamook Bay
2)Kalama River
3)Mouth of the Lewis
4)SF Calawah
5)Reiter on the Sky
6)Crooked River

RT-
You must have looked at the same website that I did but the one that I saw said that you could see Mt. Hood from her Washington Ranch so given the scenary my best guess was the Klickitat.

I was thinking the John Day because its one river system west of the Deschutes and well it kinda matched the scenary of the high elevation John Day but this creek just seemed too small but I thought hey why not but since you got to the John Day before I did Im going to take Crooked Creek which is a high elavation trib of the Deschutes.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/17/01 02:19 AM

or maybe the Wallowa? Now Im just pulling names out of thin air in hopes I get lucky. laugh
Posted by: Gregor

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/17/01 02:39 AM

1)Tillamook Bay
2)Kalama River
3)Mouth of the Lewis River
4)Calawah
5)Skykomish
6)Lostine River

Bob...any connection to Ted Ball, Lindsey's step-father?

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/17/01 03:10 AM

Powder R.

Probably not far from Sumpter.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/17/01 03:21 AM

In case the Powder R. is wrong, I don't want to use up another spinner for another clue, wink so ... I then guess on up the xxxxx R.

Edit: Reading this today, I think this isn't fair to use a second guess before the next clue, so I will x it out until then.

RT

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/18/01 02:03 AM

Nope, no relation to Ted, otherwise I woulda found some way to get a extra spot in one of those cool bionic man / woman shows of my grade-school years smile

Next hint, I'm within 10 air miles of Idaho smile We'll just take one spinner away now, nine left!!

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/18/01 02:23 AM

Comes down to a coin toss. Mine came up Imnaha R.

Steve

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/18/01 04:14 AM

Damn, RT took my guess. I guess I'll have to go with the Powder River. I think RT got it though...
Posted by: Slime de Boat

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 03:32 PM

What happened to this thing were following? Did someone get the answer or are we waiting for the next clue? Can we enter late?
SdB

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 03:53 PM

Okay ... all six have been corectly identified by someone, somewhere in the thread. Now, the first person to post - this is a rule, RT wink - all six of the correct river names .. wins nine spinners!

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 04:22 PM

My revised attempt:

1 - Tillamook Bay
2 - Sol Duc River (hatchery to Maxfield?)
3 - Columbia River (fished mouth of the Lewis, St. Helens OR in background)
4 - Calawah River (Hell's half mile?)
5 - Reiter on the Sky
6 - Imnaha river
Posted by: Fish Stalker

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 04:50 PM

Here yah go Bob. get the spinners ready to ship out!!! rolleyes

1)Tillamook Bay
2)Kalama River
3)Mouth of the Lewis River
4)SF Calawah River
5)Reiter on the Skykomish River
6)Powder River

I know RT guessed the powder river in his previous post but his final guess was something diferent.

HOPE I WIN!!!

laugh laugh

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: catcher1 ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 05:08 PM

I guessed the Powder before anyone else ever did...RT just went back and changed his post to the Powder. This is all so confusing!! LoL confused

1)Tillamook Bay
2)Kalama River
3)Columbia at the Mouth of the Lewis
4)SF Calawah River
5)Reiter on the Skykomish River
6)Imnaha River

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: RPetzold ]
Posted by: K B

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 05:47 PM

#1 Tillamook bay #2Kalama #3Willamette #4Calawha #5Skykomish #6Imnaha
Posted by: K B

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 05:51 PM

#1 Tillamook bay #2 Kalama #3 willamette #4 Calawha #5 Skykomish #6 Powder

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 10:23 PM

Still waiting for someone to put them all together!!!

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 10:31 PM

1-Tillamook Bay
2-Kalama River
3-Mouth Lewis River
4-Lyre River
5-Skykomish River(reiter ponds)
6-Powder River

1-Tillamook Bay
2-Kalama River
3-Mouth Lewis River
4-Lyre River
5-Skykomish River(reiter ponds)
6-Lostine River

Sorry for lookin like a cheater, just got caught up in needing spinners.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 10:33 PM

Okay...lets give this a try.

1)Tillamook Bay
2)Kalama River
3)Columbia at the mouth of the Lewis
4)Lyre River
5)Sky at Reiter
6)Imnaha River

This has just turned into who can throw at as many guesses the fastest. laugh

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 10:40 PM

No, no NO!! Mr. Catcher 1, you can not just copy and past my answer into your previous post to make it look like you posted that answer before I did. rolleyes

These spinners must be the total [Bleeeeep!] for them to induce such frantic guessing, backstabbing and CHEATING!! laugh

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 10:41 PM

Interesting! Frustrating but fun. As I see above, most of us forgot you put no limitations to number of guesses. So ...

Edit: deleting guesses.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 10:46 PM

Since you two took the libery of posting multiple guesses...I think I shall do the same.

1)Tillamook Bay
2)Sol Duc River
3)Columbia at the mouth of the Lewis
4)Lyre River
5)Sky at Reiter
6)Imnaha River

I looked and looked and looked for the Lyra but have yet to find it...hmmm could this a secret river that you and Bob share?? LoL

..although God knows you'll go back and edit it and change Lyra to Lyre. laugh

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 10:48 PM

Catcher1-
How come when my post first came up your guess (which was my post) in your thread was not there and when I looked at the thread a minute or so later it was suddenly there??? confused confused

Cheater!!!!!!

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/20/01 10:52 PM

After looking over this thread, I have come to the Grand Conclusion that I need a LIFE

frown

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/21/01 12:43 AM

Hmmm. Catcher1, you did originally have 2 guesses in your 7:31 post. After my post with some guesses in it you edited in 3 more, 2 of which were ones I already had posted. Ryan has a point. But Ryan, you are incorrect about the original Powder R. guess - I posted that first; only edited other corrections!

You have come to the conclusion you "need to get a life". I don't think this is all that serious. But I do think you and catcher1 seem in serious enough need of spinners that I will withdraw from this contest and edit out my new entries. I have enough spinners - I was just trying to have fun with this thing, and it lost it's charm. Try to keep it fun. smile

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/21/01 12:47 AM

RT-
Dont worry about taking yours out, I just saw that you had the willamate river. But I didnt copy your whole guess.
I will delete mine if you want, but yes I do need spinners.but who cares.

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/21/01 12:55 AM

RT-
HAHAHA...my manipulations worked!! I shall become the winner!!! smile

LoL...I was being sarcastic and just having fun with it, Im sorry if I came across as overly serious but you two are making me look like the bad guy now. wink

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/21/01 01:25 AM

Oh my ... editing old guesses and eveything smile

I guess I'll have to add that as a rule in the next one!

As it turns out, the one who probably needs the most help fishing will win out on this one. The spinners are yours Ryan wink

You may not have a life, but you have some of Corey's spinners!!!

They were:

1) Tillamook Bay, August of 1989 ... miss that place!
2) Kalama River, spring of 1990 I think it was. Caught a nice springer that day!
3) Columbia / Mouth of the Lewis, I think it was 1992 ... awesome fishing whatever year it was!
4) Lyre River in 1995 ... camera (and Bob) survived a nasty fall to the bottom of the canyon to give us this pic!
5) Reiter Ponds ... 1992 or '93. Gotta do the lineup every 10 years or so. Anybody game for when the water drops??
6) The world-famous Imnaha River ... one ridge over from Hell's Canyon on the Snake. Jeez, that one was 1986 I think!

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/21/01 01:39 AM

I let Ryan Win!!!!lol

Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is - 11/21/01 02:41 AM

I ROCK!! wink

Thanks Bob & Corey smile