lets all welcome a new member, wildsteehead

Posted by: Dogfish

lets all welcome a new member, wildsteehead - 11/14/01 10:10 PM

Wildsteelhead was kind enough to join our community, and I think he'll fit right in. He made a minor error, see "Cedar river any good?" post, but I believe he means well.

He knows how to use the "F" word in a sentence, and as he has related his great knowledge as an employee in a tackle shop to me, I know we can all expect great things from the info that he intends on sharing with us. wink

Can someone explain to him that we sometimes use a bit of wit. Mine seems to be lost on him. Or, maybe some of you may have been lucky enough to have received some communication from him, as well.

Welcome to the board, Robbie, I look forward to seeing more posts from you soon.

Andy

P.S. Lighten up bud.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: lets all welcome a new member, wildsteehead - 11/14/01 10:16 PM

Welcome aboard Rob (Wildsteelhead). If you aren't used to public forum BBs, especially this good fishing BB, it takes a little getting used to. Even with the smilie figures it's challenging to show your true meaning and intensity of comments. It can and does cause some minor squables at times. ... Similar with joking around, which we do a lot of here - and it's fun. Lots of informative posts too; so we are looking forward to your contributions. Take care.

RT
Posted by: plug puller

Re: lets all welcome a new member, wildsteehead - 11/15/01 01:04 AM

Dogfish, writing this topic shows alot about your character. Good job.
Posted by: Bob

Re: lets all welcome a new member, wildsteehead - 11/15/01 01:11 AM

Another Hello! Hope you enjoy the board and looking forward to another perspective ... as if we don't have enough already laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: UltimateFeashKacher

Re: lets all welcome a new member, wildsteehead - 11/15/01 02:29 AM

We like to shoot first then ask questions. Don't worry, you will get used to it. This is a great site.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: lets all welcome a new member, wildsteehead - 11/15/01 02:42 AM

Welcome on board... another tackleshop junkie?!
Good to know your legit and have the appropiate vocabulary!

gooose laugh
Posted by: rainycity

Re: lets all welcome a new member, wildsteehead - 11/15/01 09:17 AM

Welcome aboard wildsteelhead,
Yes, don`t take many (if any) posts thrown at you personally, most are meant in a light fashion, lots of folks like to rib when given the opportunity on this board, lord knows I`ve taken my share along with others. laugh
Posted by: Fishbait

Re: lets all welcome a new member, wildsteehead - 11/17/01 12:03 AM

Hey Welcome....
IT's not really true what they say about you on that other board is it?........

IF it is, thats OK with us....

Thought I might try to make you feel at home from the git go... once again welcome... You will most likely make some life long friends here, you will learn a few things and you will have some fun, what more could you ask from your non fishing time............. smile smile smile smile smile