Cowlitz

Posted by: Jeffhead

Cowlitz - 11/19/01 10:28 AM

Just an update from yesterday. Fished with my Dad and friend Darrell from the Barrier down. 7 fish hooked, 3 chrome silvers and 1 steelie in the boat, 7,9,11, and the steelie was 12. 2 for 4 on spinners and 2 for 3 on plugs. Once you got a little down river and away from the boats at the dam it was like fishing on a week day. There are still fish all over the river and they are fresh. On an added note we were talking to a gentleman when we took out and the fish cops were at the dam in force both days, yesterday 6 of em' handed out many tickets for fishing over the deadline ($400), snagging ($200) and not punching your fish ($45 ea). eek Nice to hear that they are getting around this year!!!
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh
Posted by: wooldridge

Re: Cowlitz - 11/19/01 11:18 AM

Gald to hear the GW was down there, I was there Friday night and couldn't believe the mess. My son and I fished down near the boat launch for a while, no fish but we were away from the snaggers and litter bugs, and I'm sure a few decent people

Jeff
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Cowlitz - 11/19/01 05:03 PM

Glad you had a good day Jeff. And thanks for both the fishing and game warden reports. Both of those are encouraging. Gives back some hope that they are willing to give enforcement a try. Maybe our communication on here and mailings about snagging complaints have done some good.

Steve
Posted by: Jeffhead

Re: Cowlitz - 11/20/01 05:04 PM

Just bumping to the top for finclipped.
Posted by: finclipped

Re: Cowlitz - 11/20/01 05:36 PM

Thanks Jeffhead, didn't see that.