Nooch vs Satsop??

Posted by: screaminreelron

Nooch vs Satsop?? - 11/22/01 01:03 PM

I anyone can help? What is it like running the Satsop from Hwy 12 up vs the Nooch from Black Creek down to the Hwy 12 bridge? Have not run much above Blk Crk cause its too tight if ya meet someone comin down. Thanks for any thoughts laugh
Posted by: Fish Jesus

Re: Nooch vs Satsop?? - 11/22/01 02:45 PM

Screamin, you should see the guides run above black creek. Their not concerned about enough room, only how fast they can yard the fish out for clients.

It's refreshing to know that someone out there like yourself is actually conscience of giving room for the guys coming down....amazing.

FJ...out.
Posted by: scottguides

Re: Nooch vs Satsop?? - 11/22/01 03:23 PM

the nooch is a smaller river,so its a little tighter in a couple spots below black creek.if the flows are up above 1000 you should have no problems.the satsop is pretty simple below the forks which is all the further a guy should fish a sled in my opinion.also the nooch is such a great drift boat river it would be nice to not allow sleds on that river(my opinion only please don't slam me too bad)good luck fishing.scott
Posted by: Anyrun

Re: Nooch vs Satsop?? - 11/22/01 03:52 PM

Sreamin, not a problem running up from there. Just be ready to put on the brakes for drift boaters. Please have as much courtesy as possible. I have ran it a million times with the flows above 1,200. As for the Nooch, not a problem going up from Bl. Cr. If you do, fish it in the morning and then make your way down in the noon time, the drif boaters really dont have anything to ***** about then. (but they will) Same as the Satsop. fish it up then get out of there way in the afternoon. Good Luck !
Fish on!!!!!!!!!!!!