Did I miss any real good fishing last week?

Posted by: Anonymous

Did I miss any real good fishing last week? - 11/26/01 04:05 PM

I was on vacation with family all last week, getting back late last night. Did I miss any real good fishing for late bright salmon or early winter steelies? Particularly in Tillamook or SW WA? Thanks.

RT

Re: Did I miss any real good fishing last week? - 11/26/01 04:14 PM

no, and nobody missed you either lmao

Re: Did I miss any real good fishing last week? - 11/26/01 04:18 PM

Hey 'boater', I thought you had gotten over being mad at me? I guess not. Besides, I can't remember what you got angry about - something about me dissing your Woldridge boat in jest I seem to recall. I'm sorry, those are nice boats - even if they do look like a huge snow shovel. wink

RT
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Did I miss any real good fishing last week? - 11/26/01 04:24 PM

Yes you did R.T.,The Elk river was on fire the 18th & 19th.Between two boat's we hooked over 30 fish and bonked 19.All fish were chrome bright and runnin from 15 to 40 lb's.The ladies out fished the guy's pretty good.The woman had 13 the guy's had 6.The biggest was caught by myself and came in @ 40lb,a big chrome bright buck with red marbled meat.All the fish had top notch dark orange to beet red meat.What a trip,looking forward to returning real soon.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

Re: Did I miss any real good fishing last week? - 11/26/01 04:24 PM

i`m not mad, was kidding, and ya my boat is ugly lol
Posted by: T Dodge

Re: Did I miss any real good fishing last week? - 11/26/01 06:48 PM

The Kalama was very good on Friday. It was the highest water I've seen there in about 2 years and it was brown as brown could be. I almost didn't drive down, but I'm glad I did. We found some soft water up in the canyon and big globs of eggs worked like a charm. I was next to a local who was drifting the eggs and I couldn't even guess how many silvers he had on. I fished eggs under a float and was busy all day. I was really surprised that the silvers were still silver. I caught one small steelhead, but it wasn't a winter fish. It looked like Saturday and Sunday were set to be fantastic.