New Thill Turbo Masters

Posted by: Jigman

New Thill Turbo Masters - 12/11/01 03:11 PM

I just got off the phone with the people at Lindy and they are coming out with 2 new turbo masters in bigger sizes for floating 1/4oz and 3/8 oz jigs. I've got some samples coming to try out, they should be nice for fishing the heavier jigs.
Posted by: HSL

Re: New Thill Turbo Masters - 12/11/01 04:25 PM

Very cool, Jigman. Let us know how the samples work out. I'm curious to get your opinion of these in relation to Thill's Premium Steelhead Floats.
Posted by: Pitch Pocket

Re: New Thill Turbo Masters - 12/11/01 04:33 PM

When you tie up these jigs under a float, what size leader do you use?
Posted by: HSL

Re: New Thill Turbo Masters - 12/11/01 06:45 PM

Pitch Pocket: Are you asking about leader length or pound test?

With fixed floats like the Turbo Master and the Thill Premium Steelhead Float, I slide the float directly up my mainline (usually two to four feet), and then I tie my jig to the tag end of the mainline. No swivels at all. Just one knot: jig to mainline. Simplicity at its finest. In the winter, I usually run 10-lb. monofilament mainline, and in summer I pare down to 8 lb.

As far as length between jig and float goes, my jig is usually two to four feet below my jig, depending on water depth. When fishing deeper holes, I sometimes have as much as seven or eight feet between jig and float.

Of course, that's just the way I do it. Ask ten different guys and you'll probably get ten different answers. Good luck.
Posted by: Pitch Pocket

Re: New Thill Turbo Masters - 12/11/01 09:13 PM

Thanks! I get the idea. Just wanted to make sure as I'm on the river tomorrow.