Curado CU-201

Posted by: Rivernut

Curado CU-201 - 12/12/01 11:47 PM

Anyone else notice the drag is not very smooth on this reel? Does anyone know of a fix?
Also sometimes when casting I get a racheting sound. I have two of them and both do the same things.
Any info would be great. Thanks. laugh
Posted by: JacobF

Re: Curado CU-201 - 12/13/01 01:42 AM

I've never heard of that. I own a regular Curado and the BSF model. For drag, the only thing I can suggest is to replace your drag washer.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Curado CU-201 - 12/13/01 01:46 AM

Same response as JacobF. BTW what kinda of line have you used....spectra braid? Caused the same ratcheting sound in several Ambassedors.

goose laugh
Posted by: willierower

Re: Curado CU-201 - 12/13/01 09:50 AM

The nasty sound you are hearing comes from the spool not beiing totally disengaged while casting. To fix that you need to have the reels cleaned and serviced. While that are servicing the reels have some new drag washers put in. That should cure the problem.
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: Curado CU-201 - 12/13/01 09:54 AM

WOW!!!! Have 2, ditto the comments of JacobF and Gooose. Have highly recommended this model of level wind reel for many years. Santa is buying a new BSF Model, should be loaded in his slede today....smile!!!!

"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"
Posted by: Rivernut

Re: Curado CU-201 - 12/13/01 05:31 PM

Thanks for the info.
I tried something just for kicks. I removed the centrifical weights completely. This helped the problem with the drag. The spool lets the line out smoooother! It is alot better. Give it a try. Thanks again.
Tightlines!
Nut cool