Holy Cow! The Queets is really blown!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous

Holy Cow! The Queets is really blown!!!!! - 12/17/01 03:40 AM

Queets got up to almost 90,000 CFS tonight. The Hoh got up to almost 35,000 CFS. The Bogachiel Flooded over La Push Road.

I think its gonna be a while before it gets fishable agian out here.
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: Holy Cow! The Queets is really blown!!!!! - 12/17/01 03:48 AM

WOW!!! eek eek eek

I didn't realize the Queets was possible of such tremendous flows!!!!...what a sight it must be to be standing on the 101 bridge and watch that much water passing under you in a relatively small area. It would be a pretty creapy feeling...

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: RPetzold ]
Posted by: Todd B.

Re: Holy Cow! The Queets is really blown!!!!! - 12/17/01 01:45 PM

Rich,
I noticed that too!!! 90K makes it sound like the Columbia. I can't imagine all that water coming out of such a "small" watershed.

What effect will the really high water have on the salmon eggs/fry from this fall?
Posted by: Chuckn'Duck

Re: Holy Cow! The Queets is really blown!!!!! - 12/17/01 09:32 PM

I hope the camprgound is above water by the time we set up steelhead camp in Jan.
Posted by: R Ridgeway

Re: Holy Cow! The Queets is really blown!!!!! - 12/18/01 12:32 AM

The Queets River has undergone some pretty dramtic riverbed changes over the past 20 years due to high volume spikes such as yesterday. Some of my favorite drifts on the Queets have been on dry land for years. I've seen huge log jams cleared out by high water that you would swear would be there for eternity. Who knows what the river will look like after this one.