any noochie reports?

Posted by: havnfun2

any noochie reports? - 12/30/01 11:29 AM

headed to the noochie and or satsop in the am anybody been there recently? heard the late run of silvers are in the satsop
Posted by: FishCatcher

Re: any noochie reports? - 12/30/01 08:14 PM

On the way back from fishing a zipperlip on the pennisula we went by the nooch. It looked like it was in good shape. Lots of people fishing it. Saw one person carrying a fish so there are some to be had. Good luck
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: any noochie reports? - 12/30/01 08:22 PM

Still some late silvers in both.

Nooch was good yesterday, not as good today, although there were still a fair number of steelhead caught. River has decent color, although I'd recommend using bait until some of the sediment settles out.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: any noochie reports? - 12/30/01 08:50 PM

I floated the 'nooch today and saw at least 7 fish caught. I hooked one, but lost it due to a faulty knot. Saw one fellow catch a silver that was in good shape. Every boat I saw tangled with at least one fish, so it was respectable, but not red hot. We floated from just above mile 11 to the takeout at Wishkah, maybe 20 boats made the same float.

Andy
Posted by: Fish Jesus

Re: any noochie reports? - 12/30/01 08:53 PM

Dogfish, were you actually drifting it or swooping in on em with that chopper? :p

FJ...out.

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Fish Jesus ]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: any noochie reports? - 12/30/01 10:17 PM

Wow 20 boats on one float!!!!!

Im glad I live on the peninsula. laugh
Posted by: plug puller

Re: any noochie reports? - 12/30/01 10:59 PM

I went from wishkah to gravel bar today and there were so many boats it was rediculous. Fun day though. laugh The guys in the boats were nice guys, everyoneseemed to ge along well even with the high population of people. rolleyes laugh laugh
Posted by: Local

Re: any noochie reports? - 12/31/01 12:04 AM

I drove up the Nooch today, DOW needs to build more parking lots along the river. I counted 24 plus rigs at the cross over bridge and at least that many at Black Ck,It is VERY crowded. I have *****ed about the pressure on this river before and realized it didn't matter what was said.Just remember to pick up your trash and respect the
rights of property owners as they live here year around not just on the weekends.

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Local ]
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: any noochie reports? - 12/31/01 12:08 PM

FJ,

I wish. At least that way I could have hit a few more holes. That particular drift only has a few runs to fish.
Posted by: scottguides

Re: any noochie reports? - 12/31/01 10:46 PM

i was at black creek this evening watching the flotilla coming down the river 4 wide rolleyes it was quite a site to see.a few had fish,a few had alcohol.kind of a mixed bag of everything.happy new year.scott