Headed out bank fishing with the oldest boy tomorrow.

Posted by: Dogfish

Headed out bank fishing with the oldest boy tomorrow. - 12/31/01 06:45 PM

Well,

It looks like we have to leave the helicopter at home tomorrow wink , but my 5 year old was upset with me for going fishing this weekend without him, so Hunter and I are off for a bank fishing trip. I have a few ideas for some of the local rivers, Nooch and upper Satsop, but is it worthwhile to make a drive up to the peninsula and hit some of those rivers. I want to avoid the combat fishin' holes like the Cowlitz.

Any ideas?

Andy
Posted by: Fish Jesus

Re: Headed out bank fishing with the oldest boy tomorrow. - 12/31/01 07:14 PM

Nooch sounds crowded..Satsop??? I'd go just a little farther west wink

FJ...out.

Re: Headed out bank fishing with the oldest boy tomorrow. - 12/31/01 08:01 PM

Yeah, I thought so, but I think I'll make the long drive. Found one spot Saturday that didn't have any visible tracks, but was accessible by the road and had a few fish in it. Thank somebody for GPS, cause I marked it!

That is,unless somebody wants to take a few strangers on a boat ride.

Andy
Posted by: Desertdog

Re: Headed out bank fishing with the oldest boy tomorrow. - 01/01/02 03:02 AM

Ah New years day and a Washington steelhead river.Talk about some priceless memories.
My favorite was a day on the north fork of the Stilly with my uncle and dad. Must of been 65 or 66. Water was perfect I had me a brand new steelhead rod I had bought with paper route money. Could not figure out what that tap tap tap was on the end of a drift till the fish hit the surface and threw that okie drifter back at me.

Go make some great memories with Hunter have a great day and a great year

Re: Headed out bank fishing with the oldest boy tomorrow. - 01/01/02 06:59 PM

Well, we got wet, ate some junkfood, hooked one fish, saw some elk, and saw a lot of folks come out with fish, but here is the most exciting thing we found today.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Bob ]

That is a FRESH cougar track.

Thanks Bob!

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Dogfish ]