New Year's Resolutions

Posted by: RPetzold

New Year's Resolutions - 01/02/02 01:42 AM

Okay, I know it is a cliche topic with it being the first of January and all but it would be intresting to hear what everyone's New Year's Resolutions are.

For me I am set on getting a steelhead to the surface fly. I have tried and tried and it got an excellent primer from a freind of mine on the Cowlitz this past fall. Hopefully this summer/fall would be the year. I've got it pictured in my mind...#20 pound steelie crashing my Waker as it skates across the Thompson. laugh

Secondly, I would love to get some coho up to poppers. I saw a freind do it this fall and I've heard some great stories about some fantastic surface fly fishing for coho. I know the spot, I know the tides, now I just have to get the technique down and stick with it.

And finally, there are a couple upper sections of a couple rivers I would love to explore for summer run steelies. One is local and one is on the Coast...this is my goal every year but every year I head back to the same spots and stand amongst the same 20 guys.

And a not fishing related New Year's resolution...this year, I will work on keeping my foot out my mouth as much as possible. eek eek
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: New Year's Resolutions - 01/02/02 01:46 AM

Catch and land a spring chinook.
Posted by: WINGWANG

Re: New Year's Resolutions - 01/02/02 02:07 AM

Mine is a simple one. I am going to visit some ponds near Mt. St.Helens this summer and fish me arse off for spring and summer Steelies all the while. This is not unusual for me except for the second part of my resolution and that is while I am doing the first part I will be spending as much time with my GF as possible. did U get that.....?.....? heeheeheeheheheehee
Posted by: superfly

Re: New Year's Resolutions - 01/02/02 04:34 AM

Resolutions, yeah whatever, I quit all the supposedly "bad things" a while back , like last night, no just kidding, but one resolution that I need to stick with is to never run out of Vicodin.
I have really been bad with this one.

Peace Superfly laugh laugh
Posted by: Krome Brite

Re: New Year's Resolutions - 01/04/02 05:16 PM

To become de-virginized with more than just new fishing techniques... eek

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Krome Brite ]
Posted by: Double Haul

Re: New Year's Resolutions - 01/04/02 05:44 PM

Becareful on those resolutions Sparkey, You might be stereotyped has one those snooty fly fishers. wink
Posted by: FlyH20

Re: New Year's Resolutions - 01/04/02 06:04 PM

Rich,
Doesn't Ryan have to catch one first before he can become a snooty fly fisherman. :p :p
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: New Year's Resolutions - 01/04/02 06:13 PM

Yo 'Fly,

Three words for ya. Perc O Cet. laugh
Posted by: BrianL

Re: New Year's Resolutions - 01/04/02 06:42 PM

Yo Spark,

My New Years resolution is not to let the new House cut into my fishing time!

Not much chance of that, but then it's on a par with all my other failed NY resolutions from years past laugh

A worthy goal - getting a Silver on a popper. Unlike Steelies on skaters, it's a relatively easy proposition when the fish are in and a hell of a lot of fun.

hasta,

Brian