salt water fly fishin

Posted by: ROCKFISH

salt water fly fishin - 01/02/02 10:02 AM

anybody been doing anygood out there recently. thinking about checking cutts Island today if the weather is not that bad. I hear the resident silvers are pretty numurous this year. Ben
Posted by: The Real Spoonman

Re: salt water fly fishin - 01/02/02 03:57 PM

Ben-

If Cutts Is is the same one we call "Deadmans" out by Raft Island, there have been some resident coho there as of last week. We hit them during that warm, calm spell after xmas. The were hitting at high slack, using a clear tip intermediate 5 weight line, 8 foot leader, 6 pound tippet and a a 2 inch epoxy head baby herring. Spooky little buggers, though. They move quick!

Bill.
Posted by: ROCKFISH

Re: salt water fly fishin - 01/02/02 07:54 PM

thats the place. I use the excact same gear and line but I tend to favor the shrimp imitations this time of year until the baby fish start goiong along the shore. a size 8 pink shrimp either krystal flash or angel hair dubbing on a strip, strip, strip pause. thay hit it on the pause ,works for me. good luck Ben
Posted by: havnfun2

Re: salt water fly fishin - 01/03/02 12:08 AM

hey guys do not forget the area out front in the narrows(docs place),or point fosdick,and the area east of fox island bridge have fish also
Posted by: Schlab

Re: salt water fly fishin - 01/03/02 06:42 PM

Anybody been out at the seattle area beaches lately? Any cutts or resident coho about Lincoln Park or GG?