Safty release for slinkeys

Posted by: Coot

Safty release for slinkeys - 01/02/02 02:42 PM

Hi : A paper clip makes a cheap safty release for your slikeys and pencil lead
Posted by: brshooter

Re: Safty release for slinkeys - 01/02/02 03:08 PM

Looks like a great idea. I found the picture in the upload area and it looks like it could keep you from losing everything. Will have to give it a try.
Posted by: Coot

Re: Safty release for slinkeys - 01/02/02 05:36 PM

Hi Brushooter: You will want to test out the release point of the clips you descide on.I find that attaching to the outer loop of the ones I use will release at 5 lb.however attaching to the inner loop requires about 10lb.Sorry i dont know how to get pictures up with a message but someday someone will tell me
coot
Posted by: Krome Brite

Re: Safty release for slinkeys - 01/04/02 06:09 PM

Ya know I'm gonna have to try this. Haven't got around to yet, but it is a good idea-I'd probably lose a lot less gear. Just so many other new things to try I haven't got around to this yet. wink

Posted by: Krome Brite

Re: Safty release for slinkeys - 01/04/02 06:20 PM

By the way, Coot, I too didn't know how to get pictures to come up on the board either at one time. I think somebody either helped me or I eventually figured it out on my own. Don't recall. But anyway, here's the way I did it:

Click on the link to your picture in the Piscatorial Pursuits photo gallery. Then, when your picture comes up, right click on it. Click on properties in the menu. Then highlight the address (URL) of the picture, right click on it, and hit copy in the menu. Then in your post on the board, whenever you want the picture, click the HTML "IMAGE" code below your post box. Delete the "http://" in the box, right click in the box, then hit paste in the menu.

I'm no expert at computers so I don't know if there's an easier way, but that's just how I do it. Hope it helps. smile