I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!

Posted by: JacobF

I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/04/02 05:51 PM

Around Thanksgiving, I decided that this year, I was going to get my first daily limit and my first steelhead over 10 pounds. Well, today I beat both my goals! This fish was an 11 pounds and gave me one of the best fights I've ever had. It was ready to spawn so I released it.

On top of that, I also got my limit of keeper quality fish. A 6 pound buck and 8 pound hen. I know the fish don't look that big with me holding them, but I'm 6'6" and about 300 pounds so. . . . laugh

Posted by: Cracker

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/04/02 06:06 PM

Nice work Jacob. This spot looks just a touch familiar, was the gate open?

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/04/02 06:08 PM

Gate? This was up on the Snoqualmie.
Posted by: papafsh

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/04/02 08:03 PM

WAY!
That would make a great day of fishin' for anyone, Jacob. You look like you enjoyed it.

By the way, anyone still needind to know the difference between a summer and winter run steelie, should be able to see it quite clearly from these photos!
cool
Posted by: Spoony

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/04/02 08:50 PM

Nice....Its now time for more lofty goals. Keep it up. Oh and Im glad to see a guy who actually looks happy to have caught a fish. I dont know about you guys but I like to see the excitment...

Later, laugh
Posted by: ynotfish

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/04/02 09:05 PM

beauty fish jacob
Posted by: John Lee Hookum

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/04/02 09:27 PM

Jacob You the Man !!! Now thats the way to start the year off. wink
Posted by: Chromeo

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/05/02 12:14 AM

nice one jacob. im still gonin for both of those goals (had 2 over 10lbs next to the bank but lost)i still need to find a limit though.
tyler
Posted by: FishNg1

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/05/02 04:50 AM

Nice job Jacob, when I saw your pictures and your description of your "size" ,I remember you as one of the PSA Guys at the Fraser River outing this last fall.
I was the fellow with the Alumaweld sled from the Gig Harbor Chapter PSA, parked in the back of the motel. That trip was a blast too, can't wait for next year to do it again.
I too have been catchin a few Steelies when I can get out. Go get em!

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/05/02 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FishNg1:
Nice job Jacob, when I saw your pictures and your description of your "size" ,I remember you as one of the PSA Guys at the Fraser River outing this last fall.
I was the fellow with the Alumaweld sled from the Gig Harbor Chapter PSA, parked in the back of the motel. That trip was a blast too, can't wait for next year to do it again.
I too have been catchin a few Steelies when I can get out. Go get em!

Yeah, that trip was a riot. I'm on the board for the Renton chapter and we're already beginning to plan it. I'm probably going to be spending some time on the Vedder this February and March though.
Posted by: bentpole

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/05/02 05:37 AM

wtg jacob those sure is pretty fish rolleyes
Posted by: retriever

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/06/02 09:44 PM

Nicely done Jacob, I came into the hole just as you were leaving. Good to tag a face to the name.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/07/02 07:25 AM

Nass feesh Jacob. That water looks good. I've never gotten to fish the Sno' before. It doesn't look crowded in that pic, but with nice fish like that in it and that close to the Metro I figure you weren't lacking for company? I've only fished the lower Sky' many years ago, but never up in the good spots up river. I'd like to experience both those rivers sometime before 2002 is out. Especially the famous summer runs!

RT

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/07/02 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RT:
Nass feesh Jacob. That water looks good. I've never gotten to fish the Sno' before. It doesn't look crowded in that pic, but with nice fish like that in it and that close to the Metro I figure you weren't lacking for company? I've only fished the lower Sky' many years ago, but never up in the good spots up river. I'd like to experience both those rivers sometime before 2002 is out. Especially the famous summer runs!

RT

The Snoqualmie isn't typically too crowded. That day, there were 14 people fishing that stretch 8 on my side and 6 on the other and 2 of them were friends of mine. The only place it gets near combat fishing is the eddy at Tokul Creek which I typically avoid. I'll fish either above it or below and manage to do pretty well.
Posted by: PhishPhreak

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/07/02 09:06 PM

Jacob - I think that is the spot my buddy and I frequent on weekday mornings on the way to work. That is where I nailed my first steely (about a 12lb nate) and my buddy hooked (but lost) his first. I'll keep an eye out for ya...
Posted by: Cigar

Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!! - 01/08/02 09:29 PM

Jacob,

Nice fish!!!!! smile smile

I accomplished a couple goals on Saturday too. laugh

GOAL #1: Take my best friend Steelheading.

Goal #2: Let him catch his first.

Cigar wink