Lewis/Kalama flyfishing help?

Posted by: Migrating_Smolt

Lewis/Kalama flyfishing help? - 01/09/02 12:11 AM

In less than two weeks I have a guided flyfishing trip. My uncle and I need all the practice we can squeeze in before the trip. Can anyone recommend areas on the Lewis and Kalama where we could spend some time improving our skills. The more practice we get in, the higher the confidence in our fly gear/presentation, etc. Thanks for any input.

-Stephen

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Rookie ]
Posted by: Chuckn'Duck

Re: Lewis/Kalama flyfishing help? - 01/09/02 12:56 AM

Contact Pritchards on the Kalama for info on fly water. There used to be a fly only section of the river, but I haven't been down there in three years and don't know if it still is in effect. Also Gary Braught at the Toutle River Fly shop in Toutle could give you some pointers on where to fish on the Lewis or Kalama.
Posted by: Migrating_Smolt

Re: Lewis/Kalama flyfishing help? - 01/09/02 01:38 AM

Do you have the number for Pritchards?

Thanks,

-Stephen
Posted by: kalamabama

Re: Lewis/Kalama flyfishing help? - 01/09/02 09:37 AM

The # for Prichards is 360-673-4690. There is not alot of bank area on the NF lewis for fly fishing I would work out on the EF Lewis if I were you. Try the areas below Day break park like behind the county matinince lot or back behind the entrance the the gravle pits. Both have good water and fish. Kalama has lots of bank area but it is not as wide open.