I know its Idaho, but its real close...

Posted by: elkrun

I know its Idaho, but its real close... - 01/16/02 09:26 PM

Henry's Lake. Hybrid Cutt's to 18 lb's. I'll bet many a reel lies on the bottom with a burnt up drag! Brookies over 5lbs fairly common. Yellowstone cutts to 8 lb's. Did I mention those HOT Hybrids????

I need a cold shower.
Posted by: elkrun

Re: I know its Idaho, but its real close... - 01/16/02 09:28 PM

Technically should of attached to RT's Montana thread, but I got too excited and messed it up. Man I got it bad too.
Posted by: philpac33

Re: I know its Idaho, but its real close... - 01/16/02 09:58 PM

where is henry's lake located??
Posted by: Desertdog

Re: I know its Idaho, but its real close... - 01/16/02 10:20 PM

Don't forget the Henry's fork of the Snake. Awesome flyfishing. All of this is just 80 miles north of Idaho Falls.

Still nothing compares to the OP in March.
Posted by: JRfishing

Re: I know its Idaho, but its real close... - 01/17/02 02:44 AM

I grew up in Butte and have a cousin that has a lodge about 5 miles from Henry's lake. I can tell you that within an hours drive of there you have some of the best trout fishing anywhere. From the Yellowstone to the Madison and not that far to the Jefferson. Henry's lake is on the Idaho/Montana about 10-15 mile from West Yellowstone.
Posted by: Loco_Dingo

Re: I know its Idaho, but its real close... - 01/17/02 07:20 AM

I fish Henry's Lake every year and it is a great place to fish but I'd have to say for the most part brookies are uncommon. Maybe if you fish the hatchery hole in September you'll catch one. You can expect to catch a cutt (by far the most common) and maybe a hybrid up to 22-24 inches and you may catch a bunch of fish in the 18-20" range. I agree with JR, there are a whole bunch of places to fish within an hour, maybe even better than Henry's.