Forks river access

Posted by: mawdet

Forks river access - 01/18/02 08:38 PM

You guys helped me out so much with my last post I'm gonna try again.
Another week or so until my annual "Take the Father-in-Law fishing..Stay in the will" trip. We have mostly fished the hoh (bar by the mouth and Oxbow)and the hatchery hole on the boggie. Are there any more "easy access" places to take him around Forks where he stands at least a fair shot at a hookup? His knees are starting to go, and he can't climb or hike like he used to.

Any info would help. Thanks
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: Forks river access - 01/19/02 01:08 AM

I havent dont a whole lot of bank fishing on the OP but I can tell you from the little that I have done, the Hoh has the most and the easiest.

Just take the the road that runs along the northside of the river and head East and there are more then a couple spots that you can easily walk into.

Same thing goes the for the Queets as well. Take the road that follows the southside of the river into the National Park and you will find plenty of easy bank access.
Posted by: Ron Bob

Re: Forks river access - 01/19/02 09:35 AM

On the Hoh all the river above 101 is barbless no bait but there is tons of access. If you take the road westbound just north of the 101 bridge about 2 to 3 miles there a well traveled road to the left it takes you to the cotton wood campground. you can drive right out on the bar. Lots of places there.

If ther Hoh is out fish the Sol Duc it rarely is blown. If you go north out of forks about 5 miles or so on your left is a park this time of year it is closed. Its a Boise cascade park I think. Park there at the gate and fish the corner from the bridge down. Accross from the park is the road to the hatchery. There is a great place right at the boat ramp and just below. We usually fish this one on the way over as we are coming from P.A.

If those don't work E-mail me.

have fun

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Ron Bob ]
Posted by: mawdet

Re: Forks river access - 01/19/02 12:21 PM

Thanks guys.