painting corkies and okies

Posted by: plug puller

painting corkies and okies - 01/24/02 03:21 PM

I have been looking for a certain okie color and i haven't found it. I found the color that I want in fingernail polish. Some of you probably know what color I am looking for it is Steelhead driftfishing, the new movie. My question is if I paint the okie with fingernail polish will the chemicals harm the river or fish? Thanks.
Posted by: Osprey

Re: painting corkies and okies - 01/24/02 06:40 PM

Puller.....yes it will,so I suggest you just give them all to me.......I promise I won't harm a fish rolleyes ........Os
Posted by: CedarR

Re: painting corkies and okies - 01/24/02 07:09 PM

plug puller, the amount of polish on an okie shouldn't degrade the environment too much. I would recommend that you wear wading boots over your toenails, and and keep your hands out of the water as much as possible! wink Seriously, a good way to paint those drift bobbers is to tightly stick a round toothpick into one of the holes, apply the paint, and then stick the other end of the toothpick into a block of styrofoam for drying. When I spray paint drift bobbers, I do the same thing, except I put on an old leather glove, and rotate the toothpick to get even coverage on the lure.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: CedarR ]
Posted by: plug puller

Re: painting corkies and okies - 01/24/02 08:34 PM

Ok, I get the clue. So I won't paint them. wink I will also be sure to take off my toenail polish before I enter the stream. ha ha
Os,
I hear how many fish you catch so I hardly believe that you won't harm a fish.... laugh

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: plug puller ]
Posted by: Osprey

Re: painting corkies and okies - 01/25/02 03:55 PM

This is how I spend those slow days,sittin on the throne playing with my nail polish eek

Mrs.Os says I'm "Man Enough" now to buy my own Nail polish now rolleyes .........Os