Anyone catching natives yet?

Posted by: Wild Chrome

Anyone catching natives yet? - 01/24/02 04:40 PM

Last year I caught my first wild winter run on the Clack the second week of Jan. 2 years ago, it was the fourth week. Haven't caught one yet this year, though high water and a move have kept me off the water more than last year. I can't wait for that first screamin' run! laugh
Posted by: Crayfin

Re: Anyone catching natives yet? - 01/24/02 05:31 PM

Between me and my two buddies we have landed an even dozen, fishing the coast streams already. I caught my first one before christmas! We have even caught a few out of the N Fk Nehalem which is kinda of a rarity these days. Biggest is about #14--nothing huge.................yet! wink
Posted by: Steel-Addicted

Re: Anyone catching natives yet? - 01/24/02 06:21 PM

I bonked 2 nates on the Sky just this morinig!

Settle down you all! I'm just kidding!

I actually have released two "wild" fish on the snohomish system since x-mass, but no size to them. I suspect they were hatchery fish or at least "hatchery based" fish...

---
Steel-Addicted.
Posted by: Chromeo

Re: Anyone catching natives yet? - 01/24/02 10:41 PM

I've got 1.
tyler
Posted by: wiser?

Re: Anyone catching natives yet? - 01/24/02 11:06 PM

Was able to fish the last hour of light tonight and landed/released two native bucks at Oxbow on the Sandy. The first one, about 14 pounds, jumped five or six times as soon as hooked, made several long runs, made one last run down along the bank jumping completely into the air a half dozen times. What a fight.In the end he gently slid up the sand bank and I quickly removed the hook, moved him forwards and backwards a few times until he swished his tail and disappeared. I changed hooks and just a few casts later hooked a second. Not as spectacular but still a strong willed fish that cleared the water several times.
Sure is nice to get into these beautiful fish. Four of the last six fish I have caught were natives.
Posted by: CraigH

Re: Anyone catching natives yet? - 01/25/02 04:50 PM

got one last Saturday on the Sky approximately 16lbs. Nice chrome buck, released unharmed!! It's still alittle early but doesn't matter since everything is blown out!!
Posted by: Bob

Re: Anyone catching natives yet? - 01/25/02 08:08 PM

A few out this way ... heard of a couple fish in the 20+ range before things blew out. Just another week or so and I get a crack at 'em!!
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Anyone catching natives yet? - 01/25/02 08:25 PM

Released four on the Sky. 8, 10, 11 and 13 pounds.