Cataracts

Posted by: Ron Bob

Cataracts - 01/25/02 10:59 AM

Just got a wind fall and decided to get a pair of cataracts for my 16' Willie. I'm going to the sportsman show tommorrow and thought I would get them there. question??? 9 footers or 9'6". I now have 9' sawyers and like them. so If any one has an opinion on this please fee free.
Thanks
Posted by: GreenSauks

Re: Cataracts - 01/25/02 11:11 AM

I've run the 9'6" Cats on my 16'Willie for 3 years now and really like them. The cats float higher at rest then wood and with the Mag blades you get a little more bite then the standard blade. Don't forget to check out the prices at Sportco before you buy at the show.
Posted by: Kev

Re: Cataracts - 01/25/02 12:45 PM

Hey Ron Bob!

Good to see you on the Snoqualmie again! I'm running 9'6" Cataracts on my Willie, rows like a dream.
With the way the rivers are, it looks like I might be headed to the Sportsman show as well, I'll keep my eye out for you.

Kevin
Posted by: fp

Re: Cataracts - 01/25/02 12:59 PM

They will both work fine. I have 9'6" on my 17' Willie and have tried the 9' and like the 9' better. Magumn blades. fp
Posted by: Bob

Re: Cataracts - 01/25/02 02:26 PM

On smaller boats ... which yours is to me ... I like the 9 footers over the 9.5. Personally I prefer ther std. blade for the rocky areas we fish, but in more open areas, the magnums are very nice.