How Much Snow Do Ya Got??

Posted by: RPetzold

How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 12:31 AM

Just curious...here in South Everett we've got about 2 inches and its still coming down. laugh Dont you all think its funny that when it snows more then one inch here in Seattle everyone, myself included, likes to make the biggest whoopytodo about it?? laugh

I enjoy it because people in this state, whether it be due to the large influx of Californians or just because Washingtonians can not drive in the snow, CAN NOT DRIVE IN THE SNOW!! I love to sit back and watch people slip and slide and run into each other and anything that is within 100 yds of the road. laugh laugh Plus the local tv channels must place reporters on every street corner within 100 miles of Seattle to see if it snowing there. I like to call it Interview with a Snowflake. wink

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: RPetzold ]
Posted by: bardo

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 12:38 AM

we have 4" here in union and still snowing. i hope it snows 3 feet. i'm ready for it
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 12:41 AM

I actually got a minor case of snow blindness out todays expedition...hurts fierce.

gooose rolleyes
Posted by: Dave Jackson

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 12:46 AM

Half inch if that. Worried about wife working until 10:30 tonight in Vancouver, though.
Posted by: Bob

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 12:53 AM

About 5" at our place ... after driving around today, it looks like there is probably more to the north / east of us over Fairholm. Might venture up that way in the morning smile
Posted by: bardo

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 12:54 AM

goose, do you live up by the dosie? i was up ther today and the river was looking pretty good. made it to a slide in the road.
Posted by: PhishPhreak

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 12:55 AM

Got about 4" where I'm at in N Bend. Bring it on!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 12:57 AM

Bardo check my profile. wink That section of road ain't gonna be replaced for years.

gooose eek
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 01:01 AM

Sparkey,

I only witnessed two accidents on the way to the Sky this morning. One dude went flying in to the ditch and some chick smashed her Jeep in to the curb hard enough to blow out the front wheel and make a cool smacking noise! eek

Growing up in E. Washington and driving on snow/ice for 3 months of the year, people over here scare the crap out of me when it snows or get's icy! Seattlites can't drive in snow!!!!!!<PERIOND>

I'd really rather not be on the road. I'm just worried someone will plow in to me!
Posted by: AkKings

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 01:03 AM

Hey RP, I live in N Lynnwood, (about .5 mile from Teds) were practically neighbors but it quit snowin here at 5 and there "might" be an inch, check your ruler wink
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 01:04 AM

...and to think that I am getting up at o'dark-thirty to do a quickie float on the Sky before work tomorrow.

Now to decide whether to take HWY 2 or Seattle Hill Rd. wink Atleast I know I wont be getting a ticket for going 75 in a 55 like I did a few weeks ago. laugh
Posted by: G-MAN

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 01:14 AM

It's 28 degrees here and not enough on the ground to make a snowball. Rivers clearing up fast!! laugh
Posted by: CedarR

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 01:32 AM

Half inch on the ground. Thirty-four degrees and no new snow... yet. Roads are really wet tonight and will be nasty in the morning, when the temperature drops below freezing.
Posted by: Periwinkle

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 02:01 AM

HEY "Boy genius" -- Stay off of Seattle Hill road.
If it's icy, and it will be, duh, going down a steep windy hill rolleyes You could end up t
oast !! Put that on your driving record !! laugh
Have a safe cold drift and don't be late for work.
Posted by: Ter

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 02:22 AM

1 1/2" here just east of Snohomish... just stopped at 11p still snow clouds up there though!
Posted by: Bob

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 03:18 AM

Update ... we've had 3 1/2" since we got back from the store tonight. That makes roughly 7 1/2" to 8" inches on the ground according to the measuring stick smile YIPEE!!!

Look for snowman pix tomorrow!!
Posted by: fishkisser99

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 03:33 AM

Just the odd flake coming down on the north side of Orcas Island, and nothing's sticking--the roads are wet but not icy. Thank goodness for that, because the high schoolers had a dance until 11:30 tonight...

I sure hope I get to read some good fishing reports from this weekend, because I stuck around the island to chaperone the dance and going two weeks without time on a river is akin to torture...

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: fishkisser99 ]
Posted by: ynotfish

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 09:21 AM

zero snow in goldbar
Posted by: scottguides

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 10:13 AM

we got a good 3' here in elma.snowing lightly right now.still plenty of muddy water down here also.scott
Posted by: riverswild

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 10:29 AM

In Oly I have 3 inches on the ground and more coming down...HARD!
Posted by: Buck

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 10:40 AM

I have to concur with riverswild, about 3 inches here in Tumwater. Porbably not going fishing today with all the ice on the road. Ilived in Utah for 4 years and learned to drive in htis stuff there, but I don't trust the other people around here! If things warm up I might head out for an afternoon fish?
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 11:23 AM

4" in McCleary with no sign of stopping anytime soon.
Posted by: Skywalker

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ynotfish:
zero snow in goldbar

Wow, Ida thunk you'd have a couple inches by now..we have about 3" here (granted, we're at about 450' in my neighborhood) in Snohomish.

Good think I mounted my studs yesterday! It'll be nice to have them on for the 2 days this lasts. rolleyes

I learned to drive in this stuff in Ellensburg where I did time at CWU. The problem here is that people have one or maybe two days a year to learn to drive in snow that's wet, slick, and often falling on hilly terrain. People spend more time walking to a phone in it than driving in it. laugh
Posted by: Pmartin

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 11:49 AM

Posted by: Chromeo

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 11:57 AM

2" as of now and its still duh duh DUMPIN!
Tyler
Posted by: Dave Jackson

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 12:48 PM

Wife got home fine, most of the snow that fell last night has melted. We *maybe* had an inch of snow at it's deepest.

We always get screwed out of the good snow.
Posted by: Old Man

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 01:04 PM

In Marysville. Just a trace last night and nothing in the early morn. It's starting to snow again. I hope it just snows everywhere but at my house. At least the roads are just wet. I don't like walking in the snow with felt bottom wading shoes on. Jim S. laugh
Posted by: steelheadaddict01

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 02:15 PM

I think you guys got more snow in the last 24 hours than we did. Kind of odd!
As a transplant to Montana from vancouver, I can't believe how calm people are here when the white stuff comes. They just break out the snow blowers and shovels and they do their thing. When I was in Vancouver, if there was an inch on the ground, the news would interrupt TV shows with "breaking news" We have enjoyed the weather over here so far.
Have fun in the snow and drive safe!!!
Posted by: Jennie

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 02:27 PM

AH! Four inches and still comin down!
Ever drifted in the snow?
We are hitchin up the db!
smile
Posted by: Diana

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 02:42 PM

Yu-betcha!
Ever have a driftboat drag your truck backwards down the boat ramp??? Ye-haw!
diana laugh eek eek
Posted by: Jennie

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 02:47 PM

Now that's an unpleasant visual.
eek
Posted by: Woodsy Wayne

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/27/02 08:06 PM

akkings
I am about a half mile from you south, so my report is probably about the same.
But I want to fish in the morning, thinking combat zone.(reiter pit) or cable hole.

Woodsy Wayne
Posted by: bank walker

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/28/02 12:29 AM

Fished the middle Sky today. Maybe 1" of slush. It was a mess getting there early this morning. Lost a chrome 7-8# steelie on a brass spoon. Report from reiter was a few older fish taken, a few chromes, but pretty slow. Hatchery run is definetly on its way out. Bring on the Nates!!
Posted by: Dr Pepper

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/28/02 02:11 AM

We've got about 2-2.5" here in Sequim. Still snowing but it's pretty much done.

~ Dr Pepper
Posted by: Chromeo

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/28/02 02:15 AM

We just got a good fresh 2 inches while i was in the shower! hmmmmm...what will i do if theres no school tomorrow?
Tyler
Posted by: Drano

Re: How Much Snow Do Ya Got?? - 01/28/02 02:19 AM

Bellingham has almost 10 inches in town and even more in the outskirts. Yippe Ki Aye