STURGEON FISHIN

Posted by: Fishaddict

STURGEON FISHIN - 02/08/02 07:32 PM

Over the years I have always dedicated my time and effort towards catching Steelhead and salmon. This year I want to catch a huge sturgeon. Does anyone know of any decent guides, where the best river to go and what times of the year to catch them. I was told the Columbia, Chehalis, Lower Snohomish are the places to be. I have never caught one and would like to give it a try. THANKS
Posted by: drift boat

Re: STURGEON FISHIN - 02/08/02 08:02 PM

Are you looking to get oversize or a keeper.?? rolleyes
Posted by: Easy Limits

Re: STURGEON FISHIN - 02/08/02 10:39 PM

Check out Clancy's Guide Service. I (we) used them a couple of weekends ago for a split trip, steelhead in the morning on the Lewis and sturgeon in the afternoon on the Columbia. We C&R about 30 sturgeon in a couple of hours right out of Port of Kalama. Great action! cool
Posted by: bardo

Re: STURGEON FISHIN - 02/08/02 10:53 PM

if you want a huge sturgeon , you might try out the fraser river up near vancouver. its all catch and release but there is a larger percentage of oversize fish there. some of the guides up there offer 4 hours of salmon fishing in the morning and six hours of sturgeon fishing in the afternoon.
Posted by: HntnFsh

Re: STURGEON FISHIN - 02/09/02 12:28 AM

HUGE STURGEON
Try below Bonneville dam in July or Aug.I guarantee you wont be disapointed.8 footers are very common.10 and 12 or more are not unusual.You hook and land a gator and not only will you be sore and tired you'll be totally amazed.One 8 footer I landed last summer jumped completely out of the water 3 times.Awesome.The good thing about that area.You can get your keepers and your oversize.What an experience.
Posted by: buzzerbaby

Re: STURGEON FISHIN - 02/09/02 12:31 AM

3 of us went out June 9th last year with "triple s guide service" (he has a website), 100$ a peice and caught 6 over 7 feet long as well as 30 or so shad in 5 hours!!! He is an awesome person to be with.
Posted by: Fishaddict

Re: STURGEON FISHIN - 02/09/02 09:29 AM

wink THANKS for all your replys. I have been seriously giving it some thought over the past two years but will definetly give it a try this May or June and hopefully catch, land and release that 7-8 footer. I'll post my prize fish on the net.