ROAD TRIP update number 1

Posted by: Bob

ROAD TRIP update number 1 - 02/13/02 11:55 PM

We're alive and well in the Shilo Inn in Idaho Falls. It's 10 degrees outside right now so we're digging for clothes.

Fast drive over here, so we've got extra time on our hands and tomorrow's day will be spent heading to Jackson Hole where we'll hop on snowmachines and head up to Yellowstone NP to visit Old Faithful ...

Having lots of fun ... time to slip into the hot tub right now, we'll post pix and updates as we go along!

Hope everyone is finding a few!
Posted by: Dave Jackson

Re: ROAD TRIP update number 1 - 02/14/02 12:02 AM

You're going WHERE?! I don't THINK so! eek eek eek
Posted by: Fish Jesus

Re: ROAD TRIP update number 1 - 02/14/02 12:10 AM

Jackson hole...old faithful?

Snowmachine...got ice?

FJ...out
Posted by: Dave Jackson

Re: ROAD TRIP update number 1 - 02/14/02 12:12 AM

Well I *am* pretty regular but that's too much information for you all.
Posted by: BigShark

Re: ROAD TRIP update number 1 - 02/14/02 01:07 AM

Bob&Corey, according to the tube the biggest complaint from Salt Lake visitors is foot blisters. Hope you two took your most comfy boots with you.
Posted by: fish4steel

Re: ROAD TRIP update number 1 - 02/14/02 01:23 AM

Bob & Corey,
Enjoy Yellowstone! I drove through there with the family this summer on my way from Ft Sill (Oklahoma) to Ft Lewis this summer. WAAAAAAy too many idiots driving around. (slammin' on the brakes and stopping in the middle of the road to look at a coyote??!!) I was told that it was much more enjoyable in the fall and winter. Sounds like snowmobiles may be off limits there in the not too distant future due to the tree huggers (too much noise). Enjoy your vacation, and take care of the back! I'm sure that the hot tub will be a cure for many ailments wink We'll try to leave a fish or two in the river for y'all, and we'll keep our boats right side up laugh
Posted by: SalmonRiverID

Re: ROAD TRIP update number 1 - 02/14/02 04:47 PM

I know it's vacation time, but since Bob's in the area he should skip the tourist trap and head up the road to the River of No Return and try some January steelheading "Idaho style". We have to hunt for open water, then we stand out on the bank ice and fight the slush ice all day, along with the occasional iceberg. All the local reports say stay home, it's too cold, too icy, but those smart enough to ignore them have had some excellent fishing this winter. Just keep a rope and a couple buddies handy in case you go for a swim. Or, you could stay home and watch TV like most people. Ha!