Attn anglers with hatchery/species ??'s

Posted by: Stacie L. Kelsey

Attn anglers with hatchery/species ??'s - 02/14/02 12:48 PM

First let me introduce myself. I may have before but you guys have SO many people on this forum!!

I work with WDFW in Region 5 which is all of southwest Washington. My specialty is trout, warmwater fish and grass carp. But I do have resources for salmon/steelhead issues.

So, for those of you who have requested information on hatcheries, species, run times and historical info on runs, I have copies of our 1999 Status Report that I can send to you.

This report has a map of all the hatcheries, information on all the Columbia River species, run times and historical run information.

It has only been updated through 1999 but still has some great information.

If you would like this report, please email me at kelsyslk@dfw.wa.gov and give me your snail mail address. Don't post your address here!!

We do not have it on the web although hopefully it soon will be.

If there is anything else I can do to assist, please let me know!!

smile
Posted by: cowlitzfisherman

Re: Attn anglers with hatchery/species ??'s - 02/14/02 05:17 PM

Hey Stacie, glad to see that you check out what is being posted on our board. laugh

Got a question for you; without naming names, how many other colleagues in your region 5 district do you know that drop in and read what is being posted on this board? I personally know and have worked with many of region 5 WDFW folks and some have told me that they check it out every day. smile Do you hear the same?

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????
Posted by: Stacie L. Kelsey

Re: Attn anglers with hatchery/species ??'s - 02/14/02 08:42 PM

I think there are a lot of people that check out the board. Everyone here knows that I do. I think there are a lot of great ideas and it is my opinion that anglers are an EXCELLENT resource for assisting in management issues.

I have a big open door policy when it comes to what anglers need. I see it as a HUGE part of my job. You guys are a big part of why I do my job, the other is the fish themselves.

I don't know specific numbers of people that check out the board... but I am sure there are a few!

smile