You want something to talk about? Read this.

Posted by: RipDatLip

You want something to talk about? Read this. - 02/21/02 01:47 PM

Posted by: Thumper

Re: You want something to talk about? Read this. - 02/21/02 08:06 PM

Whatever they are doing on the summer steelhead ---- Hope they don't change a thing!!! Large numbers of ultra-bitey 9-14 pound fighters. Summer steelie fishing just doesn't get any better than that.
Posted by: Wishiniwasfishin

Re: You want something to talk about? Read this. - 02/22/02 02:54 AM

Interesting thoughts RipDatLip. I think we would be hard pressed to find the true desendant of the fish that swam our rivers 100 years ago on any of the rivers we fish today.

To bad about the cutthroat program working to well. Sounds like a lot of BONKING was going on before they cut the program off. But there we are protecting the "wild" fish again at the expense of fisherman.

Cool about the summer fish though. Must be a hatchery program working up some nice BONKABLE fish. I am with you Thumper. Lets do that summer thing on all of our rivers. BONK ON!
Posted by: Skywalker

Re: You want something to talk about? Read this. - 02/22/02 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SIRBONKALOT:
(snip)

But there we are protecting the "wild" fish again at the expense of fisherman.

(snip)
I think you're missing something here. The majority of the people on this board SUPPORT wild fish cnr, and will do so voluntarily when it's not mandated. You are in the minority on this board, in case you haven't noticed. (It isn't apparent that you have, so I thought I might point that out).

And you don't have to put "bonk" in all caps for us to figure out how serious you are about it. Sheesh. We get it, already.
Posted by: Wishiniwasfishin

Re: You want something to talk about? Read this. - 02/23/02 12:53 AM

Skywalker

I never said I wanted to BONK fish with an intact adipose fin, WILD/NATIVE or HATCHERY ( not all of the fish are clipped) I have even released fish that are BONKABLE. The more hatchery clipped fish the better is my feelings. Useing caps for BONK is just plain fun. We should all try and have some, I know I am.