IMPORTANT ? FOR RIGH G........

Posted by: fromcuthroattosteelies

IMPORTANT ? FOR RIGH G........ - 03/02/02 12:14 AM

HEY RICHIE,
COULD YOU POSSIBLY EMAIL ME A PICTURE OF THE STEPS YOU USE WHEN MAKING AEROFLIES. IF YOU COULD TAKE ME THROUGH IT STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES I'D BE YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREVER. I NEED YOUR HELP BEFORE YOU LEAVE. ALSO, SHOW A COUPLE OF PICS OF THE RAGS YOU MAKE.
THANKS SO MUCH
I'LL SEE YOU THIS SUMMER. CAN'T WAIT!
JUSTIN
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: IMPORTANT ? FOR RIGH G........ - 03/02/02 01:29 PM

Heres a pic of some rags and aroflys.

I dont have anymore rag backing so I cant do the steo by step, but as for the rags take a look at Bobs tip section and he has the best step by step for rags you will find.

As for the aroflys you will need a fly vice.

I use the hollow plastic Qtip shaft. Put one end in the vice and wrap some mariboo on and tie it off. Not really very easy but it works OK. Then I take it out of the vice and cut one end of the shaft to a sharp point. I then take my piece of foam backing and push the shaft up the center of the round end. Cutt of the excess and put a dab of super glue and your done. Now you can thread it on your line without a needle.

Thats about it. As much as I can tell ya without actually being able to show ya step by step.

Ask around on here though. I know alot of guys make these on here that fish them and im sure they have better ways for aroflys.

See ya next summer.