how to improve the system

Posted by: bardo

how to improve the system - 03/05/02 07:02 PM

the old cherokee chief sat in his reservation hut, smoking the ceremonial pipe, eyeing the two US govt. officials sent to interview him

" chief two eagles," one official began, " you have observed the white man for many generations, you have seen his wars and his products, you have seen all his progress, and all his problems."

The chief nodded.

The official continued, " considering recent events, in your opinion, where has the white man gone wrong?"

The chief stared at the officials for over a minute, and then calmly replied:
"when white man found this land, Indians were running it. no taxes. no debt. plenty buffalo. plenty beaver. women did most of work. medicine man free. indian men hunted and fished all the time."

The indian chief smiled, and added quietly,
" White man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that"
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: how to improve the system - 03/05/02 07:22 PM

Thanks for the chuckle! smile Let me guess where you got that one. Did you fish today?
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: how to improve the system - 03/05/02 07:35 PM

Makes ya think a little,Good one.
Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: B-RUN STEELY

Re: how to improve the system - 03/05/02 10:51 PM

Long ago before the wheel was invented, several cave men where sitting on their ass watching the women do all the work. As they watched several cave women trying to drag an extra huge wooley mammoth to the fire/gathering area, one of the cave men spotted some huge perfectly round boulders close by... This gave him an idea... the cave men all climbed up on top of these rocks giving them a much better view of the women working... This was the begining of a series of inventions to include the T.V and later the remote control...
Posted by: ltlCLEO

Re: how to improve the system - 03/05/02 10:56 PM

I am begining to think more like you every day,with the more I learn! smile