Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!!

Posted by: fishbelly2

Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/08/02 10:18 PM

Friend of mine went out today @ Possesion and boated a 17 lb'er. B@stard!! mad I'll be on the water @ first light!!! Any one else in the last week have any action???
Posted by: JasonS

Re: Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/08/02 10:54 PM

Too rough for my boat today.
Posted by: Downriggin

Re: Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/08/02 11:15 PM

Hate to give away the secret spot.... Seems the seals have found it though. Been fishing Devil's Head since the 16th of Feb and doing well. Only seen 1 other boat since the opener! Not great concentrations of bait but, enough to keep fishing interesting. Fishing the skinny water (< 80'). No tide preference from the fish. Best bite has been between 9 and 1045 each morning. If the bait isn't in the skinny water, they'll run on the shelf in 110'-140' of water. Most of the fish I have caught were suspended off the shelf in 65' - 80' on glow green Oki flasher and 4" green/silver coyote.

Can't make it out tomorrow... honey-do's dictate my trip out Sunday.. If anyone heads down south this weekend, I am in the black/tan Northwood. Give me a shout.
Posted by: ROCKFISH

Re: Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/08/02 11:57 PM

there was 4 ft waves at southworth point today from the beach, took a stroll down there, possesion must have been terrible. Ben
Posted by: spawnout

Re: Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/09/02 12:15 AM

No blackmouth fishin' for me this week frown Gale force winds and a 15 foot Smokercraft do not mix eek Instead, conned a buddy with a big boat into taking me out to my hotspot on the Columbia - gonna show him how to catch those springers laugh

Thanks for the info Rigger - never fished Devils Head before - gonna have to consider it in the future! Saw on your previous post that you were nailing 'em in 65-70 feet of water, but if you are fishing 80 that makes sense - with seals around no self-respecting blackmouth will be suspended in mid-water for long - betcha those came up from the bottom when they saw your rig.
Posted by: Fishslayer75

Re: Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/09/02 01:19 AM

Thanks Rigger, I've been over at Elliot Bay, we nail all are fish working it to the slop. About 120ft at the balls running the shelf. Silver and glow coyote is working well.
Posted by: baitboy

Re: Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/09/02 11:44 AM

FS75, what size coyote do you like to use
Posted by: Texas Fling

Re: Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/09/02 05:47 PM

OK I am all fired up. See you at the sling in Edmonds at 7:00. Better get all the Possesion Bar you can, before it is closed for fishing forever. I have not heard the results of the forum that took place earlier this week. Did anyone hear. About it or how it turned out.
Posted by: JasonS

Re: Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/09/02 06:40 PM

Where is Devils Head?
Posted by: Downriggin

Re: Blackmouth on fire 2 !!!!! - 03/09/02 07:55 PM

Devil's Head is the end of the Key Peninsula- Longbranch area...

D/Riggin